04-08-2015
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
thanks jes_ON, very helpful. ;)

ssudarjothi

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Even mine got rejected..

I have got my ITA in April and submitted my application by May mid. Today I got an message in MYCIC that my application has ben cancelled.

I got divorced and I have got a kid from my previous marriage. My child is living with my Ex-Spouse and we were separated 5 years back. I am in US, and they moved to India 5 years back and now I have no idea about where they are living. So in this situation I wont be able to provide any medicals or documents for my child, so I have not included my dependent and submitted an explanation letter with the statutory declaration explaining the situation and agreed that I wont be able to sponsor for my daughter in future. Not sure if they have gone thru my explanation letter, but they have rejected my application saying that "I did not include my dependent child on my application".

I have sent an Case Specific Inquiry again, not sure how far it will be considered.

So persons like me after getting divorce, cannot get Canada PR and settle there? Are we aliens to be treated like this? :( :(

Any one in my situation? any idea if my case will be considered and reopened?

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
I got the bachelor degree in my home country and has done the ECA. I am wondering if the ECA need to include my high school diploma? :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I_love_van said:
I got the bachelor degree in my home country and has done the ECA. I am wondering if the ECA need to include my high school diploma? :)
No. You would only need the ECA for a high school diploma if you didn't have a post-secondary degree...

Raphealvw

Jan 18, 2015
ssudarjothi said:
Even mine got rejected..

I have got my ITA in April and submitted my application by May mid. Today I got an message in MYCIC that my application has ben cancelled.

I got divorced and I have got a kid from my previous marriage. My child is living with my Ex-Spouse and we were separated 5 years back. I am in US, and they moved to India 5 years back and now I have no idea about where they are living. So in this situation I wont be able to provide any medicals or documents for my child, so I have not included my dependent and submitted an explanation letter with the statutory declaration explaining the situation and agreed that I wont be able to sponsor for my daughter in future. Not sure if they have gone thru my explanation letter, but they have rejected my application saying that "I did not include my dependent child on my application".

I have sent an Case Specific Inquiry again, not sure how far it will be considered.

So persons like me after getting divorce, cannot get Canada PR and settle there? Are we aliens to be treated like this? :( :(

Any one in my situation? any idea if my case will be considered and reopened?
Hi Ssudarjothi,
How did they know you have a dependent child if you didn't include that on your application?

Raph

king5

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

How does it work?
We will only accept an ECA from one of the organizations designated by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) (below).

The original ECA report must:

be issued on or after the date CIC-designated the organization,
not be more than five years old on the date that CIC gets a) your Express Entry profile, and b) your application for permanent residence, and
show your credential is equal to a completed Canadian one.
Note: You will have to provide the reference number from the report in your Express Entry profile, as well as your application for permanent residence (along with proof of your foreign credential). If we cannot validate the number you enter, we will need you to provide an electronic copy to confirm. Keep a copy in case we need to see it.

If you are invited to apply for permanent residence and do not include this assessment and proof of your foreign credential when you apply, your application is not complete and will not be accepted for processing. Any fees submitted will be returned and you will need to submit a new Express Entry profile to be considered in the future.

These assessments help make sure we choose immigrants with the best possible chances of success in Canada. But, being assessed does not guarantee you will get a job in your field or at a certain level.

Note: You must have completed the equivalent of at least a Canadian high school diploma to be eligible to apply as a federal skilled worker. Your ECA report must show that you meet this.

Before you apply, check the ECA conversion table to confirm that the result on your ECA report matches one of the outcomes listed and to see how many points you would get for different credentials, based on the outcome statement included on your ECA report.

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I had no points claimed for education, but got asked to submit a scan of my degree (I think just as a part of the personalised document checklist system) no ecas isn't going to get me rejected is it? I'm on FST, Its not a requirement, They never asked for it, I didn't claim points, I just honestly answered I had a degree in my EE profile. I got the LMIA 600 points. I shouldn't have anything to worry about should I? Cheers

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yepyep said:
If I had no points claimed for education, but got asked to submit a scan of my degree (I think just as a part of the personalised document checklist system) no ecas isn't going to get me rejected is it? They never asked for it, I didn't claim points, I just honestly answered I had a degree in my EE profile. I got the LMIA 600 points. I shouldn't have anything to worry about should I? Cheers
If you never claimed or got points for it then your CRS score hence your ITA is not contingent on having this degree which further means there is no reason to worry about that.

All the best!

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
If you never claimed or got points for it then your CRS score hence your ITA is not contingent on having this degree which further means there is no reason to worry about that.

All the best!
Cheers. Iv seen people get rejected for all kinds of reasons. And I haven't heard anything much since I filed 3 weeks ago. Just medicals passed. I suppose no news is good news right!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yepyep said:
Cheers. Iv seen people get rejected for all kinds of reasons. And I haven't heard anything much since I filed 3 weeks ago. Just medicals passed. I suppose no news is good news right!
Most of us waited 6-8 weeks without updates before it changes on a random Friday. No news is indeed good news where CIC is concerned. :)

dragon17Sky

Feb 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Most of us waited 6-8 weeks without updates before it changes on a random Friday. No news is indeed good news where CIC is concerned. :)
No news is indeed good news ! I wish that is true

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
Ok now i am confused.

Concerning the police certificate should it be "for countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the PC must be issued later than the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months" or "for countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country"

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ETE said:
Ok now i am confused.

Concerning the police certificate should it be "for countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the PC must be issued later than the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months" or "for countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country"
This is what CIC says... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

And both of your statements are accurate.

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am getting a number of personal messages related to this post. I encourage people to post queries here, so others can benefit. Personal messages should only be used when the query should be kept private, e.g. When sharing private information.

I will try to address the questions I got below, but I will not reply individually via personal messages, unless there is a very strong reason to do so, which I think unlikely. I often get help from this forum so I am also willing to help, but reply to a personal message only helps one person, while replying here helps many.

Someone asked why my application was refused. As I already mentioned, I provided the ECA number on the express entry profile, but it did NOT copy to the official application. I could/should have checked this before hitting submit, but given the amount of information and the fact this particular piece of info is "hidden" in the application, I didn't. If you to go to education history and click on each line item to modify it, so you can see if the ECA is there or not. If you already sent your application and are concerned, review the submitted application and see if this information is there. If you have not yet sent your application, please check it a thousand times before hitting submit.