+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application refused due to insufficient funds

rezasorna

Star Member
May 21, 2013
Asivad Anac said:
I didn't apply for GCMS but I did have multiple CSE-based conversations with the officer and was reassured that POF was the only glitch and, even therein, it was a technicality rather than a problem. Like all human processes, this is also arbitrary and depends on humans making decisions based on their interpretations and understanding. Which is probably why similar circumstances yield different results for different applicants. I've made my peace with it.
Hi Asivad,
I read here at least a few times that people under FSW even with less than minimum funds got their PR. I am in the same boat, applied a in September under FSW, but I did not show required 12,000$. I hope there is a chance my visa officer consider the fact that I am already in Canada.
Have you recently heard anybody under this condition has his application approved?
Now I feel really anxious. I appreciate if you share info.

Thanks,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rezasorna said:
Hi Asivad,
I read here at least a few times that people under FSW even with less than minimum funds got their PR. I am in the same boat, applied a in September under FSW, but I did not show required 12,000$. I hope there is a chance my visa officer consider the fact that I am already in Canada.
Have you recently heard anybody under this condition has his application approved?
Now I feel really anxious. I appreciate if you share info.

Thanks,
Unfortunately, this bit is arbitrary. As you correctly point out, people have got PPR even though they were invited under FSW while being eligible for CEC and did not showcase adequate POF. It depends on the officer and there is nothing one can do about this.

Hope your application is approved soon. All the best!

darthSiddius

Oct 16, 2015
My timeline was as follows:

9 June AoR
Medicals passed about 15 days after AoR
ECAS 4 lines 'In Process' 14 August
Application Rejected 16 Oct (ECAS wasn't updated to DM or anything)

vinegarandsalt

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Yes. Along with medical and criminal checks, it's a factor of admissibility to Canada, not of qualification for a particular program. That's why it happens time and again that people who write in a small amount of money, or even zero funds, still find themselves accumulating the necessary 67 points for FSW. They are eligible for FSW, but under that program they are inadmissible to Canada without the money in the bank. It's a real mistake in the software CIC is using, and it may end up harming a lot of people.
Are you certain of this? I m asking because even though I have provided POF documents proving I have 38k USD in my bank account, I forgot to update the “How much money you will bring to canada?” section of the application form according to the updated amount for 2020. I entered 16k CAD to that section and received ITA in 2019 when the min amount required was below 16k CAD, but did not update it to 16,135 CAD while submitting the application on 11th of January. I am very nervous atm.

Aaron XIANG

Mar 2, 2018
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Montreal
I'm really frustrated with the outcome today. My PR application has been refused citing insufficient funds. I applied under FSW (I qualified for both FSW and CEC) and I entered $2000 in the funds available section. I got an invite for FSW. Filled all the forms got the bank letter which showed my savings around $7000 (Notice it's more than what I claimed). I attached my T4, job letter and pay-stubs (Yearly salary is $55000 + bonuses).

This is what the person reviewing my case has to say:

Can someone guide me with the correct course of action? Can I appeal this somehow? My post grad permit expires in March next year.
i just don't understand why some people can be ignorant like this when it comes to immigration requirements. Do you ever spend any time at all checking EE eligibility requirements? It's a very stupid mistake and if i were the visa officer, I would have rejected you too without any hesitation honestly. Respect immigration rules. Don't think you can just throw in a bunch of trash documents and then become a Canadian citizen. That's just not gonna happen.

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
i just don't understand why some people can be ignorant like this when it comes to immigration requirements. Do you ever spend any time at all checking EE eligibility requirements? It's a very stupid mistake and if i were the visa officer, I would have rejected you too without any hesitation honestly. Respect immigration rules. Don't think you can just throw in a bunch of trash documents and then become a Canadian citizen. That's just not gonna happen.
It was 5 years back.

vinegarandsalt

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Are you certain of this? I m asking because even though I have provided POF documents proving I have 38k USD in my bank account, I forgot to update the “How much money you will bring to canada?” section of the application form according to the updated amount for 2020. I entered 16k CAD to that section and received ITA in 2019 when the min amount required was below 16k CAD, but did not update it to 16,135 CAD while submitting the application on 11th of January. I am very nervous atm.
tho my question is recent and related to the topic :)

stigger

Jun 2, 2019
Unfortunately, this bit is arbitrary. As you correctly point out, people have got PPR even though they were invited under FSW while being eligible for CEC and did not showcase adequate POF. It depends on the officer and there is nothing one can do about this.

Hope your application is approved soon. All the best!
Bro... I applied under fsw, I showed 15 k outside the country and 5 k in canada. I'm employed in canada and the officer is still giving me shit. My file had been under RR for POF from april 2019...