+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Refusal from Mexico

David MX

Jun 22, 2021
Hello Everybody

I am enrolled for an MBA in October 2021, and this week it came to me that my student visa for me and the work permit for my wife were denied for the following reasons

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I am going to put an application again appealing that yes we have family ties, any advice that you could give me about what to do or examples of people who have gone through the same thing they did to check this part.

I'm from Mexico so you could answer in spanish also.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everybody

I am enrolled for an MBA in October 2021, and this week it came to me that my student visa for me and the work permit for my wife were denied for the following reasons

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I am going to put an application again appealing that yes we have family ties, any advice that you could give me about what to do or examples of people who have gone through the same thing they did to check this part.

Thanks!
You need to provide your full profile.

David MX

Jun 22, 2021
My full profile:

I am 31 years old, I am an Industrial Engineer, I have 7 years of experience in supply chain, working in companies such as IBM and Corona, I am going to an MBA in Vancouver at UCW, I have a good sponsor and also some savings, the only drawback is that I do not have properties in my name, I plan to add my parents' property with a signed letter from them that this property will be for me, my main objective is to return to Mexico to move up to manager positions, but they think I want to stay there, What can I answer or add in my next application?

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
My full profile:

I am 31 years old, I am an Industrial Engineer, I have 7 years of experience in supply chain, working in companies such as IBM and Corona, I am going to an MBA in Vancouver at UCW, I have a good sponsor and also some savings, the only drawback is that I do not have properties in my name, I plan to add my parents' property with a signed letter from them that this property will be for me, my main objective is to return to Mexico to move up to manager positions, but they think I want to stay there, What can I answer or add in my next application?
Please stay away from UWC. They already had tones of negative reviews and criticals. You're just gonna waste your time and your money.
Try public universities, that may help you in the next application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My full profile:

What is your previous education? What are your IELTS scores?

UCW is kind of a crappy school. So that's one observation I would make. I personally would look into a better school if you're going to spend so much money coming here. This can also influence the visa decision (i.e. crappy school, lower chances of approval).

Who is your sponsor?

How much is your tuition and how much did you show in savings?

David MX

Jun 22, 2021
My previous education is in Mexico Bachelor degree of Industrial Engineer
My sponsor is my brother he has a doctorate in USA in chemical engineering
My tuition is 35,000 CAD and my savings are the same, but they are not reject me for the proof of funds they are rejecting me for the ties to my country,
Could you advise me what to put to demonstrate those ties to my country??

David MX

Jun 22, 2021
really? It is bad news because that university is on the DLI page, and has the approval of the government of Canada, it seems illogical to me that they have it discharged if it is a crappy university

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My tuition is 35,000 CAD and my savings are the same, but they are not reject me for the proof of funds they are rejecting me for the ties to my country,
Including the signed letter regarding your parents' property will not strengthen your application.

I would strongly recommend that you start by changing schools. UCW is a private university. Private universities really have terrible reputations in Canada and offer a low quality of education compared to public universities.

You look like a potential immigrant given that your brother is already in the USA and you have a lack of ties to your home country. One way to overcome this is to pick a way better school. Picking a crappy school makes it look like you're trying to find any way possible to get to Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
really? It is bad news because that university is on the DLI page, and has the approval of the government of Canada, it seems illogical to me that they have it discharged if it is a crappy university
The fact it's a DLI doesn't make it a good school.

I've lived in Canada my entire life and am extremely familiar with the universities here. I'm telling you that it's a crappy school. This is where people go when they can't get into any other school. It's a waste of your money. Stay away from all private universities and private colleges. Public only. Private = for profit = crappy education & crappy reputation.

David MX

Jun 22, 2021
thank you scylla for all your time and answers finally couple of questions, do you think if I add a letter of my current job that they will wait to my come back with a better position in my current company that would help, also if I add a family business that we have here in Mexico?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thank you scylla for all your time and answers finally couple of questions, do you think if I add a letter of my current job that they will wait to my come back with a better position in my current company that would help, also if I add a family business that we have here in Mexico?
The letter from your company might be helpful. I would go ahead with that.

Are you involved in the family business day to day? If so, then sure, add that as well.

jrodriguez

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Hello Everybody

Thanks!
Hi, can you share your timeline, please?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
In your letter, you received a rejection for your proof of funds too with the statement - I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status (from your first post). If your tuition is $35K to UCW (a low tier school catering to international students), and you are using all your savings for the program then you can’t afford it. You need to show more personal funds.

Reactions: David MX

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
1. No genuine student travels thousands of miles to come to Canada and spend so much money for a program at University Canada West.
Find a different school.
2. When you have your own family but someone else paying your tuition, this is an indication that you may not be in a very good financial position. Usually a family man spends their own money for this kind of project. I do not know how you remedy that.

Reactions: wonderbly