+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application refusal for PR (EE: CEC)

montatich

Feb 8, 2018
Hello,

Can anyone help me or give me advice, I'm really lost and don't know what to do !!!
I've been in Canada since 2008. I attended a linguistic school to study TOEFL, then in same year I took it and passed it.
By september 2009, I started going to a University, majoring in computer science, then graduated june 2015.
Later that summer I got my post graduation work permit issued for 3 year (expiring mid July 2018).
While I was looking for a job in my filed, the rest of year, I worked at shoppers drug mart as a merchandiser.
March 2016, I started working for this software company full time from home. They are located in Toronto and I was in Windsor. I Have contract with them for 3 years and still currently with them.
For tax purposes, they didn't put me on payroll, instead I send them invoices biweekly and they send me an Interac e-transfer. So I filled my taxes for 2016 as self-employed.
I entered the express entry pool this year and got an invitation. I applied and provided all the necessary documents(including the references letter from my employers stating every detail).
Immigration officer from windsor contacted me and asked me for an interview to explain my work situation. I went and took all the necessary document like the contract, the invoices, the e-transfers emails, the bank statements with deposits collapsing at same time, showed the officer all my daily working routines through official emails, skype messages and chats with daily job tasks and assignments (over 2years).
She told me based on what I showed her I'm not technically self-employed but my tax return says so also I don't have a T4. She said even though I'm a perfect candidate for PR based on my age, language proficiency, education, and work, but the Ottawa officer may decline me on a technicality. Effectively the next day and got the refusal letter.

So based on my situation what are my best options to apply for PR in Canada since I can't do it under the Canadian experience class ?

montatich

Feb 8, 2018
without the job experience I'm only 381.
when I get the job offer will be 431(+50pts), which is already a long process, employer posting the job for 4 weeks on 3 different websites then applying for LMIA which will take another month, my work permit will be already expired !!!!

with 431 points at express entry is a long shot since it's been at the 44X and up and apparently won't drop down anytime soon because of the high concurrences this year !!

any other suggestion ?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
I don't see a problem with the processing timelines.. 1-3 months is normal for a temporary visa and so you should plan ahead. For EE it's a supply/demand issue there are no guarantees especially since the number of candidates in the pool increased by %50 this year over last year, but you'll always have an advantage with Cdn. degree and Cdn. job experience it will be just a matter of time before you'll be invited again.

Right now you have to get a work permit to continue your job or get back to school. Don't stay in Canada if your visa expires otherwise they will no longer grant you another non-immigrant visa.