+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application received on June 11, but No AOR yet. SUV

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Hi All,

I applied for the PR through Startup Visa on June this year, application was delivered but nothing received yet.
I contacted the webform, they replied with this
Any idea what's wrong here? Should I re apply again? is my receipt still valid, police certificate and other things?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and were not able to locate the application.

We invite you to contact the registered mail service you used in order to make sure that your application was indeed received by our processing office.

After confirming that your application was successfully delivered, in order to assist you further, please contact us again by using the IRCC Web form and include:

• The type of application,
  • The payment receipt (if applicable)
  • The date your application was mailed or received,
  • The complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where your application was sent,
  • The company used to mail the package, and
  • The tracking number
Upon reception of this information, we will be pleased to follow up on your request.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I appreciate the help here.

Best,

Reactions: Saramqy

Solmazmz

Jun 25, 2020
Hi All,

I applied for the PR through Startup Visa on June this year, application was delivered but nothing received yet.
Any idea what's wrong here? Should I re apply again? is my receipt still valid, police certificate and other things?

We verified the information you provided and were not able to locate the application.

We invite you to contact the registered mail service you used in order to make sure that your application was indeed received by our processing office.

After confirming that your application was successfully delivered, in order to assist you further, please contact us again by using the IRCC Web form and include:

• The complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where your application was sent,
  • The tracking number
Upon reception of this information, we will be pleased to follow up on your request.

Best,

Hi,

We have the same condition,, documents were received in June but there is no update till now. As I know, before covid it took 3-4 month to receive the acknowledgement letter from CIC, but I think we have to wait more during pandemic.

Saramqy

Oct 21, 2020
Hi,

We have the same condition,, documents were received in June but there is no update till now. As I know, before covid it took 3-4 month to receive the acknowledgement letter from CIC, but I think we have to wait more during pandemic.
Hello, i have a question .did you get your letter of support from an incubator? How much they charge you?

Saramqy

Oct 21, 2020
Hi All,

• The tracking number

Best,
Same question, do you get your LOS from an incubator? How much they charged you?

SSP13

Oct 29, 2020
Hi All,

• The tracking number

Best,
Helli,
Hi All,

• The tracking number

Best,
Hello,
Any update on your status?Can you please which DO did you approach with your business plan?
Thank you in advance for any input that you can share

SSP13

Oct 29, 2020
Hi,

Hello,
Did you receive your PR yet? Any whom did you approach for your business plan in order to get the LOS?
Thank you for sharing your experience
Regards,

itsmelee

Jan 26, 2016
Hello,
Did you receive your PR yet? Any whom did you approach for your business plan in order to get the LOS?
Regards,
No-one here will have received PR yet. The ETA is showing as 18+ months on the Canada Visa estimated timeline tool. In reality, it could be even longer due to Covid.

I submitted my app in April, and still don't have AOR. I don't think anyone has.

As for who to approach -- there's a list of angels + incubators on the Canada gov website, if you Google for it. It's not as simple as submitting a plan and getting a LOS. Expect to jump through a million hoops and wind up parting with the better part of $30-40K.

SSP13

Oct 29, 2020
No-one here will have received PR yet. The ETA is showing as 18+ months on the Canada Visa estimated timeline tool. In reality, it could be even longer due to Covid.

I submitted my app in April, and still don't have AOR. I don't think anyone has.

As for who to approach -- there's a list of angels + incubators on the Canada gov website, if you Google for it. It's not as simple as submitting a plan and getting a LOS. Expect to jump through a million hoops and wind up parting with the better part of $30-40K.
Thank you for your reply and being patient with so many queries.
In terms of the expected investement,did you have to do all of it in Canada (incorporation/office space/fees etc).
I guess, from the pov of the angel/incubator it only shows that you are serious enough and personally I dont see investing as a negative.

itsmelee

Jan 26, 2016
Thank you for your reply and being patient with so many queries.
In terms of the expected investement,did you have to do all of it in Canada (incorporation/office space/fees etc).
I guess, from the pov of the angel/incubator it only shows that you are serious enough and personally I dont see investing as a negative.
No, I didn't set anything up until after I got accepted into an incubator.

Once I was in the program, I incorporated a Canada company and got established.

Then I got the LoS, applied for a work permit (which took 6 months), and then finally for PR in April. Still waiting for PR.

The incubator's program/training is generally based in Canada, but due to the current pandemic, is currently online. I've not set foot in Canada yet due to physical travel restrictions, and soon my WP will expire. So I'm just gonna sit tight and wait for PR before making any more moves.

SSP13

Oct 29, 2020

Then I got the LoS, applied for a work permit (which took 6 months), and then finally for PR in April. Still waiting for PR.

The incubator's program/training is generally based in Canada, but due to the current pandemic, is currently online. I've not set foot in Canada yet due to physical travel restrictions, and soon my WP will expire. So I'm just gonna sit tight and wait for PR before making any more moves.
Makes sense. Under the current uncertain times,wait and watch is the best strategy. You mentioned about the having to spend $30-40K. Where did you spend it since you are still not in Canada.
Is travel for work/business considered as non-essential? Sounds counter intuitive if thats the case if you consider the fact that you are going there to establish a business and contributing to the economy by creating jobs.

Solmazmz

Jun 25, 2020
Hello,
Regards,
Hi, No we are still waiting to receive the file number. It seems we have to wait more and more ...

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020

You could actually be exempt from the travel restrictions, as long as you have a letter of introduction (port of entry letter), job offer ( yes from your own company ), and meet other usually admissibility requirements.

Read the travel exemptions carefully. You will see where your exemption fits.