September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
haybu12 said:
My ECAS showed in process on July 6th, 2012, so its more than 3 weeks
many congrats Haybu

It seems like In process comes up when Criminality is completed. Then Security is initiated. Because from your GCMS notes, your criminality was still in progress and your status Application Received.

haybu12

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 16, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2011
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012 to Seattle
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 7, 2011
Passport Req..
July 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 14, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2012
suduko said:
many congrats Haybu

It seems like In process comes up when Criminality is completed. Then Security is initiated. Because from your GCMS notes, your criminality was still in progress and your status Application Received.
Thanks a bunch, suduko ;)

Just a clarification, When my status was updated to in process, that's when I passed my eligibility and my criminality was in progress according to my GCMS notes. Meaning, you're case will be in process as soon as you passed your eligibility :)

WNIBC

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ( PNP BC )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09. 05. 2011
Nomination.....
07. 03. 2011
AOR Received.
20. 09. 2011
IELTS Request
not required
File Transfer...
24. 04. 2012 VO Seattle
Med's Request
20. 09. 2011 via email togehter with the AOR
Med's Done....
29. 09. 2011
Passport Req..
13. 07. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
03. 08. 2012
LANDED..........
04. 08. 2012
haybu12 said:
HEY GUYS,

AFTER 15 MONTHS AND 30 DAYS OF WAITING, I FINALLY GOT MY PPR FROM SEATTLE :D
Congratulations now it's wait a calmed. ;D
Just be patient, and then all will be well...

I sent my stuff and it has taken 7 days, until it has arrived in Seattle. ::)

haybu12

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 16, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2011
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012 to Seattle
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 7, 2011
Passport Req..
July 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 14, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2012
Thanks WNIBC.
Now, we are on the second step. ;D

Did you send yours through Express post Canada, or through other courier service?
I already sent mine today, the lady at Canada Posts said it will take about 4-7 days through express post.
I hope Seattle will get it by Friday. I'll just check the tracking status

koolkarmaguy

Star Member
Jan 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2010
Nomination.....
12/29/2011
AOR Received.
June 27 2012
Med's Request
June 4 2012
Med's Done....
June 29 2012
Interview........
none. In-process on May 23, 2013.
Passport Req..
September 17 2013
30 July 2012: My ECAS shows Medicals received. :)
Hopefully, things move quickly from hereon.. I Lived in India and US. My wife travelled to Canada before on some conferences from US Last year.
I included PCC's from all US states where i lived since last 8 years, FBI, PCC from India. Hope these should help my application to cruise forward.
With the momentum of application for new applicants..I am expecting PPR in 2 months timeframe if everything goes well.

needppr

Jun 18, 2012
Congratulations!!!!

I wonder what is Background check? what is included in it? Criminality and Security included in the Background check?

What is eligibility? what included in it?

Please let me know, thanks!

haybu12 said:
Thanks a bunch, suduko ;)

Just a clarification, When my status was updated to in process, that's when I passed my eligibility and my criminality was in progress according to my GCMS notes. Meaning, you're case will be in process as soon as you passed your eligibility :)

haybu12

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 16, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2011
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012 to Seattle
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 7, 2011
Passport Req..
July 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 14, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2012
needppr said:
Congratulations!!!!

I wonder what is Background check? what is included in it? Criminality and Security included in the Background check?

What is eligibility? what included in it?

Please let me know, thanks!
I did post this last week...

Eligibility, I think is when CIC assess your application if you are eligible or qualified to be a permanent resident of Canada. They would check your information if you meet their qualification, then they will have indicate that you passed the eligibility. After eligibility, then they will work on your criminality check which includes background check.

Criminality check, as far as I know, is a process by which CIC needs to make sure that you don't have any record of serious crimes and offences in the past. That's why they are requiring us to submit police certificate to our home country and other countries that we've been to. But that's just the first stage. As soon as we passed our medical, then they need to do a thorough criminality check but with the help of other agencies such as CSIS,RCMP, etc. This is time consuming as it will take months to do it average is 3 months, including interview, if necessary. but as soon as you pass criminality check, then they will start security check, meaning CIC will see to it that you are not a threat to Canada's public safety. When you pass security check, that will be the time CIC will issue PPR.

WNIBC

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ( PNP BC )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09. 05. 2011
Nomination.....
07. 03. 2011
AOR Received.
20. 09. 2011
IELTS Request
not required
File Transfer...
24. 04. 2012 VO Seattle
Med's Request
20. 09. 2011 via email togehter with the AOR
Med's Done....
29. 09. 2011
Passport Req..
13. 07. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
03. 08. 2012
LANDED..........
04. 08. 2012
haybu12 said:
Thanks WNIBC.
Now, we are on the second step. ;D
Yes, I think in two weeks I'll have to get the stuff back.

Did you send yours through Express post Canada, or through other courier service?
I have sent a Registered Letter
It has cost $ 18
:eek:

I hope Seattle will get it by Friday. I'll just check the tracking status
I've also check my tracking status.
I sent my stuff on July 17 and arrived in Seattle on July 24
And Seattle is only 900 km away.
:D

needppr

Jun 18, 2012
Hi, I read this thread every day, didn't read your post, so..... but thank you very much for reposting for me :)

So that means there are three steps: the first one is Eligilibity, second one is Criminal check, the last one is Security check? Does every Visa office follow the order of these steps?

My Ecas changed to In Process couple days ago, which steps I already passed and which one is in process?

Please let me know, thank you very much! :)

PS: When will I receive PPR letter as you did today? :D

haybu12 said:
I did post this last week...

Eligibility, I think is when CIC assess your application if you are eligible or qualified to be a permanent resident of Canada. They would check your information if you meet their qualification, then they will have indicate that you passed the eligibility. After eligibility, then they will work on your criminality check which includes background check.

Criminality check, as far as I know, is a process by which CIC needs to make sure that you don't have any record of serious crimes and offences in the past. That's why they are requiring us to submit police certificate to our home country and other countries that we've been to. But that's just the first stage. As soon as we passed our medical, then they need to do a thorough criminality check but with the help of other agencies such as CSIS,RCMP, etc. This is time consuming as it will take months to do it average is 3 months, including interview, if necessary. but as soon as you pass criminality check, then they will start security check, meaning CIC will see to it that you are not a threat to Canada's public safety. When you pass security check, that will be the time CIC will issue PPR.

haybu12

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 16, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2011
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012 to Seattle
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 7, 2011
Passport Req..
July 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 14, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2012
needppr said:
Hi, I read this thread every day, didn't read your post, so..... but thank you very much for reposting for me :)

So that means there are three steps: the first one is Eligilibity, second one is Criminal check, the last one is Security check? Does every Visa office follow the order of these steps?

- I am just speaking based on my GCMS notes: Under Assessments, there are 4 main categories: Eligibility, Security,Criminality and Medical. When I got GCMS notes, I already passed both medical and eligibility while criminality is in progress and security had not started yet. And I read it somewhere else that after your medical, they would work on your eligibility,then criminality and after that is security before they will issue PPR, and my GCMS affirmed it. I am not sure though if visa offices have the same order.

My Ecas changed to In Process couple days ago, which steps I already passed and which one is in process?
- If you are asking my opinion, I guess you did pass eligibility and they are working on your criminality. It took me 3 weeks to get my PPR after my ECAS was changed to in process. But I don't base it there. I think that depends on each visa offices, depending on how many workloads they have, and when your file got transferred from Buffalo to another VO, etc. It's a case to case basis. GCMS is really helpful to see what are they working on to your application.

Please let me know, thank you very much! :)

PS: When will I receive PPR letter as you did today? :D

This could be a helpful hint for you... If your file is being transferred to Seattle, check when it was transferred, and it usually takes 2-3 months before they issue PPR. As what I have observed :D

needppr

Jun 18, 2012
Thank you so much for replying me this fast! I wish it won't take so long for them to check my criminal and security. ::)

sree12345

Jun 18, 2012
haybu12 said:
HEY GUYS,

AFTER 15 MONTHS AND 30 DAYS OF WAITING, I FINALLY GOT MY PPR FROM SEATTLE :D
Congrats Haybu 12. I hope u are celebrating ppr........ :D

By the did they ask any letter from employer or any other formalities............

All senior members in this forum are mostly done with ppr........well see how every thing goes on!