+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application received July 30, no AOR yet

Cit123

Mar 15, 2018
I am waiting for AOR and still nothing, should I send another application or just wait? Anyone experienced something similar?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Call them or send a webform inquiry via CIC website.
Or, get help from your MP, indicate tracking # and delivery details

Have you tried logging into eCAS on cic website? If its in the system you may see status as received.
Use your PR Card number (UCI) to help check it

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Same here. Application received on July 18 with a signature and no AOR. I called CIC several times and sent 2 web forms, contacted my MP a week ago. Nothing till now

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Same here. Application received on July 18 with a signature and no AOR. I called CIC several times and sent 2 web forms, contacted my MP a week ago. Nothing till now
There are many cases of people receiving their AOR after 4 or 6 months, I personally know someone who's been waiting for more than 9 months now. Not trying to frustrate you with this, but don't go assuming they lost it, they probably didn't. It is just lying there on an agent's desk waiting for it's turn. I personally had to wait for 5 months before they sent me the AOR, and it's been in process since then (14+ months since my application date).

There is no clear explanation as to why such things happen, it is what it is. Be patient, enjoy the Winter, and it will come through.

Best wishes!

Kya123

Aug 21, 2018
There are many cases of people receiving their AOR after 4 or 6 months, I personally know someone who's been waiting for more than 9 months now. Not trying to frustrate you with this, but don't go assuming they lost it, they probably didn't. It is just lying there on an agent's desk waiting for it's turn. I personally had to wait for 5 months before they sent me the AOR, and it's been in process since then (14+ months since my application date).

There is no clear explanation as to why such things happen, it is what it is. Be patient, enjoy the Winter, and it will come through.

Best wishes!
Hi Sarafandee,

Thanks for your contribution!

what do you think we should do? because I have filed since May 22. At first they told me that they had not received it, it is around September 20 that they said yes we have your request. But since then there is nothing. they only say if they need additional documents, that they will contact me. I am filling out another application that I will send next week. Because I heard more than 6 months and not even an AOR

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi Sarafandee,

what do you think we should do? because I have filed since May 22. At first they told me that they had not received it, it is around September 20 that they said yes we have your request. But since then there is nothing. they only say if they need additional documents, that they will contact me. I am filling out another application that I will send next week. Because I heard more than 6 months and not even an AOR
2 options:
1- would send a new application with the same receipt. I would put also an explanation letter.

2-Try to make a web inquiry with all the information about your envlop.. Delivery date and where it was delivered, company used, tracking number, as well as the IRCC payment receipt and the receiver's name if there is one. Just put all necessary information to track it. Then ask them to make a note for the appropriate mail service.

Contact IRCC by phone also, let them go to your file, if there's anything ; ask them to make a note since your application is urgent. Insist them to put a note with your tracking number and your Ircc receipt. When you call, get in hand your tracking number and # Ircc receipt. Even if they send you you a generic message, they work on it.

It worked for me, it may be worked for you too.
Good luck.

Reactions: Kya123 and kushari

Kya123

Aug 21, 2018
2 options:
1- would send a new application with the same receipt. I would put also an explanation letter.

2-Try to make a web inquiry with all the information about your envlop.. Delivery date and where it was delivered, company used, tracking number, as well as the IRCC payment receipt and the receiver's name if there is one. Just put all necessary information to track it. Then ask them to make a note for the appropriate mail service.

Contact IRCC by phone also, let them go to your file, if there's anything ; ask them to make a note since your application is urgent. Insist them to put a note with your tracking number and your Ircc receipt. When you call, get in hand your tracking number and # Ircc receipt. Even if they send you you a generic message, they work on it.

It worked for me, it may be worked for you too.
Good luck.
Thanks you a lot for your help

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015

Best wishes!
I have been patient for almost 5 months but I need the citizenship so bad to be able to travel for some family related serious issues. Anyway, I sent a web form for the third time with the tracking number and copy of the delivery confirmation with the name of the one who signed it and this time I got the following answer:

We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received.

What does that mean?

Cit123

Mar 15, 2018
Let's hope they received it. Contact the call centre on Monday and say you received this response via the webform. It's probably not open yet. But see what the agent can tell you if they check for you in their records.

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Hi Sarafandee,

I would advise against sending out another application, but it's up to you. If you check the tracking Excel sheet, you'll notice a significant number of people who received their AOR many months after.

Kya123

Aug 21, 2018
I would advise against sending out another application, but it's up to you. If you check the tracking Excel sheet, you'll notice a significant number of people who received their AOR many

Hi! can you tell me why not send another request? it's been 6 months and 15 days that I'm waiting for an AOR. all the people who appy at the same time did their test

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
I would advise against sending out another application, but it's up to you. If you check the tracking Excel sheet, you'll notice a significant number of people who received their AOR many months after.
I tried to find anyone in the sheet who waited more than 5 months to get his AOR but I didn't find any

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
I am not a subject expert on the matter, nor do I work at the immigration department, I wish I could give you a definite answer :) I simply shared my personal opinion based on what I read before on the forums and from my previous conversations with CIC agents and the MP. I hate to be in your situation, but I've also been in process for more than 14 months now while I saw many others take their citizenship in much less time. So, I advise you speak again with your MP and try to get them to do something about it, the more the MP questions the matter the higher your chances of them starting to work on your application.

Plus there are others here on these forums that attempted to send another application, I suggest to search for them and get in touch to see what happened with them.

Best of luck!