+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application re-opened.. but we want to withdraw. OK?

mihoz

Jul 29, 2015
Our old application was initially closed based on a request of a missing police certificate from UK for my husband's distance-learning certification.

we applied for a new EE profile and received a new ITA. We were finalized with it and were planning to submit it today. This time, in the new application, we didnt include the spouse's work experience because its not canadian and we only included the minimum things to get us the points - as to avoid any rejection later from missing/incorrect documents.

Today our old application was re-opened because of the CSE we submitted a month back. We have already received our refund back.

We are more confident to apply for the new ITA.

Is it OK if we neglect the re-opening (& consequently it expires after 7 days) and continue applying for the new ITA. Or do we need to send them a letter that we wont apply for it?

Thanks a lot for all the support I got from this forum!

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mihoz said:
Our old application was initially closed based on a request of a missing police certificate from UK for my husband's distance-learning certification.

we applied for a new EE profile and received a new ITA. We were finalized with it and were planning to submit it today. This time, in the new application, we didnt include the spouse's work experience because its not canadian and we only included the minimum things to get us the points - as to avoid any rejection later from missing/incorrect documents.

Today our old application was re-opened because of the CSE we submitted a month back. We have already received our refund back.

Is it OK if we neglect the re-opening (& consequently it expires after 7 days) and continue applying for the new ITA. Or do we need to send them a letter that we wont apply for it?

I think this is an advise you should get from an experienced immigration lawyer. As this EE is such a mess, an unseen mess. I don't think it can go on like that.. but then it can, as they can do whatever you want.
This is a ridiculous situation that is messing with your life and brain. It's like a market in Morocco where no one knows anything and nothing is for sure or consistent.
the only difference is that it's our future is at stake....

well... I know you can't withdraw an application once it is in process, but what will happen with your new one? you have entered one of the many loopholes and inconsistencies this system has.

Good luck.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mihoz said:

If they have reopened your old application, it is your choice to continue with that or let it close/lapse on its own. Unless you have noticed any other problems with your old application, I don't see any real harm in continuing with it. Your call.

Remember they reopened it based on your request so it is probably rude to not let them know that you wish to submit a fresh application. And your old application will be referenced in your new application. If you're planning to refuse/lapse the old application and submit a new one, recommend that you send a short LOE with the new application highlighting how you're more confident of the new one hence refused/lapsed the old one. That should suffice.

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
good day

i had my application reopened after i had received and paid for another ITA. simply sent a cse explaining that and funnily both my applications are open under either EXXXXXXXXXXX or UCI number on ecas. i see both together also in mycic. both been inprocess now for almost 2months.

well i dint cancel because the email i got upon reopening after sending cse 3months earlier strangely said all my documents had been reviewed and i am eligible to get PR if i want to reopen it as they had reviewed all my documents. however, i recently added spouse to mine so i guess thats why its taking longer.

i will advise pay for new ITA and still send cse that you have paid under EXXXXXXXXX application number. that way both apps will be open and maybe the former might bring PR earlier.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
tosincci said:
good day

i had my application reopened after i had received and paid for another ITA. simply sent a cse explaining that and funnily both my applications are open under either EXXXXXXXXXXX or UCI number on ecas. i see both together also in mycic. both been inprocess now for almost 2months.

well i dint cancel because the email i got upon reopening after sending cse 3months earlier strangely said all my documents had been reviewed and i am eligible to get PR if i want to reopen it as they had reviewed all my documents. however, i recently added spouse to mine so i guess thats why its taking longer.

i will advise pay for new ITA and still send cse that you have paid under EXXXXXXXXX application number. that way both apps will be open and

Did you add spouse while app was in progress? Wont adding spouse change your crs score and hence cic has to de evaluate your eligibility?

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..