+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application progress in the Philippines

EVANSWANDIE

Jul 7, 2008
Hi,

Anyone from the Philippines who can share the progress of their application for immigration...

Thanks.... Evan

angelinoj

Jul 6, 2008
Hi Evan,
it seems very few are filipino member in this group. Maybe you can try to join to this forum:
http://www.canada-city.ca/canada-immigration/index.php

It is also very helpful. Maybe you can post your query there. I'm also a member.

Angelinoj

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
please check this website: http://lbautista.proboards31.com/index.cgi

99% of the members are Filipino and they are very friendly, help and knowledgeable.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
To all the Pinoys
Basically having have handled dozens of Pinoys,the common denominator seems to be the majority apply to the federal program and end up waiting for 4-6 years,Apparently very few are aware of the Provincial PNP programs,I guess its because Immigration law is the same in the Philippines from Batanes to TawiTawi.Well sorry to surprise you guys but it is not the same here,we have different laws from province to province,We are a federal country.But most Pinoys dont know that.They should look into the provincial programs to get into Canada,another thing that shocks me are the sheer number of pinoys coming in as caregivers,when there are so many other ways to get in.To cite an example a fresh graduate nurse or midwife comes in as a Nanny earning 8-9$ an hour for 2-3 years separated from her family while if she gets herself licensed by a company such as www.futuresearchcanada.com she can bring her family with her,start at around 20$ an hour and be in Canada in about 8-9 months with her family.go figure why they want the long way when there are so many faster and easier ways
Real life I work for one of the members of our provincial legislature and almost all the pinoys i help have immigration issues,Stop waiting 4-5 years in the federal program and go provincial whether Alberta,BC,Saskatchewan etc