+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application processing timeline

kmvit2007

Sep 5, 2019
Hi guys,

I submitted my PR application end of March this year after getting selected from the EE pool. I got the biometrics request mid of May. They updated successful receipt of my biometrics. Now it has been over 5 months, and till now I have not heard back from anyone about any further updates on my application. They have updated that the estimated time of completion of my application is end of September, i.e., end of the sixth month of application submission.

Is this timeline usually followed? Is it quite normal that they don't provide any update for this long? Has anyone else experienced a lot of delay during the background check? If there was something wrong with my application or if some document was missing (which I am confident there isn't any) they would have updated me by now right?

kmvit2007

Sep 5, 2019
Same here as I have submiited my file on 16 March 2019 as there is no any update from their side.
Have you completed Biometrics? When is your estimated time of completion (if you don't mind me asking). Any news or updates from any of your friends or acquaintances in a similar situation? Any idea what is going on there or why such a delay?

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi guys,

I submitted my PR application end of March this year after getting selected from the EE pool. I got the biometrics request mid of May. They updated successful receipt of my biometrics. Now it has been over 5 months, and till now I have not heard back from anyone about any further updates on my application. They have updated that the estimated time of completion of my application is end of September, i.e., end of the sixth month of application submission.

Is this timeline usually followed? Is it quite normal that they don't provide any update for this long? Has anyone else experienced a lot of delay during the background check? If there was something wrong with my application or if some document was missing (which I am confident there isn't any) they would have updated me by now right?
Current average time to get PPR is ~6 months +- 15 days. Keep checking your account for a ghost update. I would suggest that you wait for 6 months and after 6 months order your GCMS notes.

Nikhil Jolly

Aug 2, 2019
Have you completed Biometrics? When is your estimated time of completion (if you don't mind me asking). Any news or updates from any of your friends or acquaintances in a similar situation? Any idea what is going on there or why such a delay?
I have submitted my biometric on 02-07-2019 till date there is no any update . Still waiting