+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application processing taking longtime after adding my spouse

sbodanapu

Nov 26, 2016
Dear friend,
I received CoPR in Mar 2017. I got married later in July 2017 and hence had to submit my spouse documents and here are my details

AOR - Sep 05, 2017
Med passed - Sep 10, 2017

and my status is showing like this from Sep 10, 2017. Is this IP2? or which stage i am in?

If it is IP2, Its been 3 months already. How long will it still take. Can you please suggest. Here is my below status.

My Status:-
Application Status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information.
Review of Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of Medical Results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of Additional Documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final Decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friend,
I received CoPR in Mar 2017. I got married later in July 2017 and hence had to submit my spouse documents and here are my details

AOR - Sep 05, 2017
Med passed - Sep 10, 2017

and my status is showing like this from Sep 10, 2017. Is this IP2? or which stage i am in?

If it is IP2, Its been 3 months already. How long will it still take. Can you please suggest. Here is my below status.

My Status:-
Application Status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information.
Review of Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of Medical Results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of Additional Documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final Decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Do you received another AOR?
You got CoPR in March 2017 then how come your AOR is dated September 2017?
What is your Visa office?

When did you notify CIC about marriage?
When did you submit the spouse docs? (Is that Sept 5th you submitted spouse docs?)

sbodanapu

Nov 26, 2016
Do you received another AOR?
You got CoPR in March 2017 then how come your AOR is dated September 2017?
What is your Visa office?

When did you notify CIC about marriage?
When did you submit the spouse docs? (Is that Sept 5th you submitted spouse docs?)
My entire CoPR process started again after adding my spouse's documents ( which is on sep 5th)

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Additional family member cases are taking a lot of time these days, Marriage/New Born both.

Reactions: sbodanapu

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Its already been three months and I have resigned from my current job. :( How much more time do you think it will take. Pls suggest
It's Immigration we cannot anticipate timelines.
You shouldnt have resigned before receiving your visa.

I have waited till I received my COPR and verified all details are correct then I resigned.

My friend has a new born baby, its been two moths still no movement at all.
All you can do is order GCMS notes, they say it will have more details about your application.

Sending mail or calling CIC wont do much good. You will get standard answer.

Reactions: sbodanapu

sbodanapu

Nov 26, 2016
Hi sbodanapu,
any update on your application?

Thanks.
No movement at all buddy. I have ordered GCMS notes 10 days ago. That should give me some idea about what is happening with my application. Expecting GCMS notes by 24 Dec. How about you?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No movement at all buddy. I have ordered GCMS notes 10 days ago. That should give me some idea about what is happening with my application. Expecting GCMS notes by 24 Dec. How about you?
Medicals passed,

Additional docs being reviewed.
Back ground check: Not applicable.

I am having those status from a month.

My visa office is Ottawa, what about yours?

Last edited:

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Its already been three months and I have resigned from my current job. :( How much more time do you think it will take. Pls suggest
I have been waiting since 5 mnths after adding my husband. I added him after ppr. Was recently asked additional docs. Submitted and waiting for update

sbodanapu

Nov 26, 2016
Medicals passed,
Additional docs being reviewed.
Back ground check: Not applicable.

I am having those status from a month.

My visa office is Ottawa, what about yours?
THe last time I mailed to CPC-ottawa three weeks ago, they said the file is with Ottawa office. No update later

sbodanapu

Nov 26, 2016
I have been waiting since 5 mnths after adding my husband. I added him after ppr. Was recently asked additional docs. Submitted and waiting for update
what were the additional documents requested? I have been in the same position for 3 months now. Have you raised request for GCMS notes or CSE?

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
what were the additional documents requested? I have been in the same position for 3 months now. Have you raised request for GCMS notes or CSE?
They asked for some forms and proof of relationships like communication proof and development of relationship proog.
I haven't asked for gcms notes, its not going to make any difference anyway.
My VO is delhi. Whts urs?

sbodanapu

Nov 26, 2016
They asked for some forms and proof of relationships like communication proof and development of relationship proog.
I haven't asked for gcms notes, its not going to make any difference anyway.
My VO is delhi. Whts urs?
The last time I checked on Nov 07, 2017 it was with Ottawa office. Did not get any update after that..