+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application payments

Tricia Quinn

Aug 9, 2019
I applied for spousal sponsorship with work permit in March. I just realized that my credit card was only charged for the main application fee, but not for the other payments that I made for the work permit and biometrics. So I'm guessing those come out separately? I'm wondering when those fees will come out? Is it when they start working on those parts- like the payment for work permit and work permit holder comes out when they start processing the work permit application, and biometrics fee comes out when I'm requested to do that part? Please advise. Thanks!

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
The normal process is for you to go online, make a payment and then include the receipt pdf in your application package. Only the Right of Permanent Residence Fee can be paid later. If you submitted an application without the required fees it will be rejected as incomplete and returned to you.

Tricia Quinn

Aug 9, 2019
The normal process is for you to go online, make a payment and then include the receipt pdf in your application package. Only the Right of Permanent Residence Fee can be paid later. If you submitted an application without the required fees it will be rejected as incomplete and returned to you.
Yes, I paid it all and included the receipts. But the only thing that was charged on my credit card was the main application fee $1065 (or something like that?). They never took out the other fees. That's what I'm wondering- do they usually charge the whole thing at the same time?

Tricia Quinn

Aug 9, 2019
Oh my gosh- I just realized what I did. The amount they charged on my card was American dollars, which is lower than the Canadian dollar. So neverrrrmind! Haha doh!