+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application pathway for in-view PR holders

rowland123

Nov 1, 2021
My wife has a visitor visa, and I have a work visa. Our PR is in the final stages of background checks(we Got AOR, a letter for pre-arrival services already). Now, she wants to apply for one of the Canadian schools starting this winter. Is it safe to apply as PR holder given that it'd be ready before the admission is given or should she apply as an international student? If she applies as an international student, would it be easy to change her residence status to PR to reduce the tuition fees?

Thanks for the help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife has a visitor visa, and I have a work visa. Our PR is in the final stages of background checks(we Got AOR, a letter for pre-arrival services already). Now, she wants to apply for one of the Canadian schools starting this winter. Is it safe to apply as PR holder given that it'd be ready before the admission is given or should she apply as an international student? If she applies as an international student, would it be easy to change her residence status to PR to reduce the tuition fees?

Thanks for the help.
Would apply as a PR if your plan is only to attend if you can pay domestic tuition.