Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
Hi,

Our application was returned with the following explanation:

" Submit recent photographs of the principal applicant and each family member. Please
ensure that you provide the correct number of photographs (see Appendix A - The Document
Checklist that accompanied the guidebook, "Immigrating as a spouse, common-law or
conjugal partner, or dependent child") and ensure that the photographs conform to the
specifications in Appendix C of that guidebook. In addition, on the back of one photograph
(and only one) in each set, please write the name and date of birth of the person appearing in
the photograph."

In the case of a spousal request (no children involved) can someone please confirm if the only pictures required are those of the main applicant ? We forgot to write the name in back of one of the pictures. We will fix that but the message is so generic, we wonder if there are other pictures we were supposed to provide. This is a simple spousal application (no other family members are involved). Does the sponsor also have to include 8 pictures ?

We tried to request the exact reason for the return of the package but since they actually returned the whole thing, they cant tell us what was wrong with it specifically.

has someone received this kind of rejection letter ?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, not for the sponsor. Only for the PR applicant (unless your country-specific instructions say otherwise). We went through Buffalo and it was the PR applicant only.

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
ours was returned for the same reason.

what we did was this:

took 4 more pictures of me (the person being sponsored) and then we sent a set of 4 pictures for each family member (with the name and DOB on the back of one pic) and a letter saying that we couldnt figure out what they needed exactly.

that's all it took for us, i hope this helps you ;D

miguelre

Nov 28, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rachel6992 said:
ours was returned for the same reason.

what we did was this:

took 4 more pictures of me (the person being sponsored) and then we sent a set of 4 pictures for each family member (with the name and DOB on the back of one pic) and a letter saying that we couldnt figure out what they needed exactly.

that's all it took for us, i hope this helps you ;D
i posted this thinking it was my account, not rachel's! ha!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
we sent pictures only of the main applicant and the dependent children - only those who were in application. and everything went just fine.

nola

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For me,... we have been sent a pictures of the family from the wedding ? any one know if that will be enough ??

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the check list it says "Two (2) photos of the applicant...", did anyone send more then 2 photos?
Did anyone sent only 2 photos and got their package returned because of that??

jackiegerry says "...In addition, on the back of one photograph (and only one) in each set..."
but in the guide it doesn't say anything of writing on the back of only ONE?!

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I think the photo requirements vary. I sent four with application, then had to get more for the medical and x-ray, then more when I got my PPR.

bluetulip

Star Member
Oct 20, 2009
I believe the photo requirements could vary depending on visa office specific instructions.
We filed our application in Manila, and they asked for four (4) pictures of each family member. We wrote the picture owner's name and DOB on the back of each photograph.

Could your photo have been too big or too small compared to the specs sent by the embassy?

Anyways, good luck to you. ;)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
nola said:
For me,... we have been sent a pictures of the family from the wedding ? any one know if that will be enough ??
I think you mixed threads - pictures of family members are required as a proof of relationship. pictures of your family members related to your marriage can benefit your application.