+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLICATION OF SPONSORSHIP OF A PREGNANT WIFE...

mindslife

Mar 23, 2009
My wife recieved a letter from Missisauga (CASE PROCESSING CENTRE) last July 7, 2009, saying that: "we are pleased to advise that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly the undertaking and the Application for Permanent Residence have been forwarded to visa office in Manila for futher processing."

My question is, how many months will I received a notice here in the Philippines? My wife is about to deliver our first baby in Edmonton, on October. I am hoping that this September or, before she will give birth, I will be with her in Canada. Will the immigration will consider the our situation? Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Manila, it will take 4 to 8 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp#asia

What you can do is apply for a visit visa. State your circumstances that you want to be there for the birth. Send them a copy of the letter you got that your wife was approved as a sponsor. Tell them you are waiting for your PR to come through and you will return to Manila after your baby is born to attend your PR interview. Not that there is always an interview but it looks better if you say that so they can feel that you will not overstay. There is no guarantee that you will get the visit visa but you should definitely try. If you get a visa for 6 months, of course you can stay for 6 months at which time you will probably have your PR already but if you do get called for an interview, you will have to go back for it.

mindslife

Mar 23, 2009
I submitted my passport via mail yesterday (October 12, 2009) for they are requesting it according to the letter I received from the Canadian Embassy last September 30, 2009.

From here, what will I expect next?

My wife is about to deliver our first child today in Edmonton.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they want your passport, they are probably about to give you a visa. I would hope so anyway. Congratulations on the baby :)

mindslife

Mar 23, 2009
I received a letter last October 14, 2009 from Immigration Manila requiring me to submit my passport, but I already submitted it last October 12, 2009. And an updated IMM8 General Form.