+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application of Canadian Citizenship for my US born baby

fangcai

Jul 22, 2018
Hi there,

I've sent the citizenship application package for my US-born baby to the Canadian Embassy in Beijing and got the confirmation email of receipt by the end of last July, also, received the UIC code by email from IRCC in later of last November. But I haven't received anything since then and the status on IRCC only shows "application received" since the day I received the email from IRCC.

I heard the application may take longer, probably about 8 months, since it submitted outside of Canada. Even though it has already been 8 months by now since the confirmation of receipt from the embassy.

BTW I also submitted the passport application for my baby early this February at the embassy and was told it should be ready by the end of March, but now it's the end of March and I haven't got anything.

Could anyone share your experience with it or kindly let me know if I should write to the RICC or the embassy or just wait for another month or so?

Thank you very much for your attention and your feedback will be highly appreciated.

Fang