+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application Oct2017,Q 9C

Mrvi

Jan 16, 2018

Hi There ,
Hope you all are doing good .
I'm planning to submit my citizenship application and started working on it . I'm a little unclear about few things and need a little help .
I was wondering if somebody has already experienced these issues I'm having right now , might be able to guide me.

I landed in Canada as a Permanent Resident in March 2014 and I am very much eligible to apply my Citizenship (I checked in physical presence calculator ) . And I'm planning to submit the application in sometime March 2018 . So my Eligibility Period (according to CIC website last 5 years ) will be around March 2013 - March 2018 .

Now I have seen there is one Main Form (cit0002e-2 ) and a Document Checklist (cit0002e-2) for this application. My Concerns are ,
1. In the main form section 9 (c) it says if I lived outside of Canada during my eligibility period , and I marked yes as I was not living in Canada before March2014 and it says to fill up another form called Residence Outside Canada (cit0177e2) . The link to the form is
"https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0177e-2.pdf "

This form doesn't look like that it is applicable for me :S and I'm confused that "Do I need to submit this form or not ? "

btbt

Feb 26, 2018

1. In the main form section 9 (c) it says if I lived outside of Canada during my eligibility period , and I marked yes as I was not living in Canada before March2014 and it says to fill up another form called Residence Outside Canada (cit0177e2) . The link to the form is
"https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0177e-2.pdf "

This form doesn't look like that it is applicable for me :S and I'm confused that "Do I need to submit this form or not ? "
There are some other posts in this forum that address this, but yes, you need to include the form, even though it doesn't apply to you
(your application may be returned if you do not include it).

You can mark the entries on the CIT0177 form as "N/A" (so it's clear you've not just included an empty form) and sign it. It seems best to also add an explanatory letter that you lived abroad but were neither a crown servant or the spouse of a crown servant, but have included the CIT0177 form as requested.

(You can search the forum for "CIT0177" to find some other people's experiences and recommendations)

Reactions: Mrvi