+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application is approved but Letter of Introduction/Correspondence Letter not provided

mmclub

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
PLEASE CAN YOU SHARE US YOUR EXPERIENCE HOW YOU DID TO GET YOUR VISA. I APPLIED ON THE 10 OF JULY GOT REFUSED ON THE 3RD OF AUGUST . HERE IS THE REASON
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision,
Iconsidered several factors, including:

personal
assets
and
financial
status

purpose
of
visit
try to make your application stronger with reliable financial documents (I don't have idea of the financial documents for India) and a strong SOP..I was also rejected once, The VO thought my proposed study was unreasonable. I explained and re-applied and got the visa. Warm wishes with your reapplication!

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
There have been much approved applicants who didn't get the Letter of Introduction/Correspondence letter and was still able to travel without been confronted with any rigid questions or interrogatory suspiciousness, The CBSA already knows this "I think" as if you are to present one then they will know you got it and if you can't then they will also assume you are one of the unfortunate

Every approved applicants has their names already uploaded to the CBSA computer database for any verification and in "my own opinion," the letter is just for mere formal formalities in issuing a study permit at the airport to every approves applicants

If you can't find this letter uploaded to your gckey online account before your departure time, go and board and take along other proof that shows your intention of wanting to travel to Canada

I repeat, many approved applicants has traveled without a LOI/CL without any restrictions, just be reasonable and bold enough to explain when asked and keep mute when not asked.

Good luck!

nitish9113

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Hello,

My application was approved on August 3. I received a request to submit passport for stamping. It is now 6 days since I got the approval but haven't received the Letter of Introduction/Correspondence Letter yet. Interestingly, when I sent a Case Specific Enquiry with a request for the letter, they wrote back that the information is available online and not required. I understand that.

Is there anyone else who is in a similar situation? Have you heard of anyone who faced issue boarding a plane for not having this letter? I will print the email the embassy sent but just wanted to be sure if this is normal.
did u get any mail on your approval

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021
Letter of Introduction was uploaded to the GCKey today after the passport stamping was done.
In how many days after you received the stamped passport, did you get the LOI letter online?

sarathilak

Aug 24, 2020
Hello,

My application was approved on August 3. I received a request to submit passport for stamping. It is now 6 days since I got the approval but haven't received the Letter of Introduction/Correspondence Letter yet. Interestingly, when I sent a Case Specific Enquiry with a request for the letter, they wrote back that the information is available online and not required. I understand that.

Is there anyone else who is in a similar situation? Have you heard of anyone who faced issue boarding a plane for not having this letter? I will print the email the embassy sent but just wanted to be sure if this is normal.
I'm in a similar problem too... I got my Visa on 23rd of July but still no news of LOI... I need LOI to enrol for classes and other purposes the last date for enrolment is September 25th .....

canadian_student

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Canada
Hello,

-Wait until visa get stamped. However, nobody will ask you about the letter, they already know who is entering Canada.

Matt173

Oct 13, 2019
Why receiving the passport? I was never asked to submit my passport. On the same day I was notified that my study permit was approved back in April 2020 I also received the LOI electronically in my CIC account. It states that it has to be printed out and shown at the PoE. Why is the passport involved beforehand?

Yes, some folks in the forum have mentioned that they were able to download LOI (from GCKey account) after few days of receiving their passport.