+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application immediately rejected after submission; Not sure why.

pranjal123

Nov 21, 2016
Hi guys

1. Using the points calculator tool, I got 503 points. - Details given as PS.

2. I created a profile and applied for the Express Entry and as soon as I submitted my application I got an email saying that my application was rejected. On the application profile page it says that the "Review of Minimum Entry Criteria is Not Met". They sent me an email with the following information:

-------------EMAIL START-------------------------
You are not eligible for Express Entry
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on your profile, you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs. Reasons you would not be eligible for Express Entry include:
• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low
• not having enough relevant work experience
• not having the required education level
• not having enough funds
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your qualifications and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a higher level of education.
-------------EMAIL END----------------------------

My thoughts:
1. My language score is recent and pretty good (CELPIP: S=9,W=10,L=12,R=12) so it can't be the first 3 reasons.
2. I graduated last year (Masters in Comp Sc from a Canadian University) and my classmates didn't have a problem when they applied so I think the education level should not be an issue.
3. I have been working as a temporary full-time instructor for 9 months so I have less than 1 year of work experience. I have 4 years of work ex. from India. I will have finished 1 year of work ex at the end of Feb 2017.
4. I said I had 4000 dollars in funds so I don't know if that can be an issue.

I am confused on why this happened. My passport expires in Sept 2017. Not sure if that could be the reason.

Please help!

Thanks
Pranjal

PS: Details of CRS tool
Core/Human capital factors
Age = 105
Level of education = 135
Study in Canada = 30
Official Languages = 133
First Official Language = 133
Second Official Language = 0
Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 373

Skill transferability factors
Education
A) Official Language proficiency and education = 50
B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 50
Foreign work experience
A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 0
Subtotal = 50
Certificate of qualification = 0
Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 100
Comprehensive Ranking System formula
Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 473
Additional points = 30
Grand total = 503

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
You don't have enough funds for a fsw applicant.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
You need CAD$12,164 for 1 applicant. You will have to prove this. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

pranjal123

Nov 21, 2016
Thank you kryt0n for your replies. I am curious though is it necessary to have these funds even though I am currently employed in Canada and can produce pay stubs for the past 9 months.

Secondly, would you recommend not applying until I have arranged the funds.

sweetcute123

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2016
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
24-01-2017
u have to show those funds because u were selcted under FSW not CEC

Reactions: shaizeik

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
pranjal123 said:
Thank you kryt0n for your replies. I am curious though is it necessary to have these funds even though I am currently employed in Canada and can produce pay stubs for the past 9 months.

Secondly, would you recommend not applying until I have arranged the funds.
If you only have 9months experience in Canada, you do not have enough work experience to fit into the Canadian Experience Class either. Either work for 3 additional months or wait until you have the additional funds and most importantly can prove they are not borrowed.

g_singh76

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
LANDED..........
25-05-2017
If you think everything you submitted was right then, it should come out right. There could be a number of issues depending on your current situation but I only caught this one.

:---it could be your work experience. "You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week."

You fall under either CEC or FSW, but due to lack of experience, you are getting kicked out.

I know for a fact that lack of funds is an issue because They specifically wrote on their website that "Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada." You know why because I don't have 12k in my account and I have an active profile.

pranjal123

Nov 21, 2016
jamezmoran said:
If you only have 9months experience in Canada, you do not have enough work experience to fit into the Canadian Experience Class either. Either work for 3 additional months or wait until you have the additional funds and most importantly can prove they are not borrowed.
Thank You very much jamezmoran, I will probably end up waiting for 3 months as I don't want to sell my car or a kidney ;D ;D

pranjal123

Nov 21, 2016
g_singh76 said:
If you think everything you submitted was right then, it should come out right. There could be a number of issues depending on your current situation but I only caught this one.

:---it could be your work experience. "You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week."

You fall under either CEC or FSW, but due to lack of experience, you are getting kicked out.

I know for a fact that lack of funds is an issue because They specifically wrote on their website that "Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada." You know why because I don't have 12k in my account and I have an active profile.
I think you are right. I want to qualify for CEC. I have been working for the last 9 months. I will have finished 12 months of full time work in Feb 2017. I have a valid job offer letter but it is a temporary position. Is there any govt agency I can ask to get some confirmed answers?

Hope you get your PR soon.

Cheers

Sairam1

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pranjal123,
You itself compromised of saying 1 yr experience is required to meet CEC class. Further, if you would like to get EE eligibility under FSW class imeditely, you should have sufficient funds. My suggestion is stay for 3 more months to qualify for CEC or meet FSW class funds requirement. By saying this, I don't think you will be benefitted if you reach out to govt agency without meeting either one of the option.

g_singh76

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
LANDED..........
25-05-2017
pranjal123 said:
I think you are right. I want to qualify for CEC. I have been working for the last nine months. I will have finished 12 months of full-time work in Feb 2017. I have a valid job offer letter, but it is a temporary position. Is there any govt agency I can ask to get some confirmed answers?

Hope you get your PR soon.

Cheers
If you want to qualify for CEC, you'll need to complete 12 months; I suggest you wait for three months unless if you got 12k in your bank account.

Make sure you have a job before your ITA. They are gonna ask you for a Job letter describing your Duties and other info. I suggest you go on indeed and just apply to each and every job you find limited to your own NOC & Field or just talk to your current employer about a Permanent position. If nothing works, consult Job Seeker agencies.

Good Luck.

g_singh76

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
LANDED..........
25-05-2017
g_singh76 said:
If you want to qualify for CEC, you'll need to complete 12 months; I suggest you wait for three months unless if you got 12k in your bank account.

Make sure you have a job before your ITA. They are gonna ask you for a Job letter describing your Duties and other info. I suggest you go on indeed and just apply to each and every job you find limited to your own NOC & Field or just talk to your current employer about a Permanent position. If nothing works, consult Job Seeker agencies.

Good Luck.
Update:- You will still need 12 months of full time work if you have 12K.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

pranjal123

Nov 21, 2016
g_singh76 said:
Update:- You will still need 12 months of full time work if you have 12K.
As per the link, looks like it has to be continuous work. I had a break of 2 months during summer as my workplace closes during summer. Wonder if that will be an issue.

Lyt

Sep 10, 2015
You just have to put the amount required by cic depending on how many are you in the application. When it's time for you to send the documents considering you are currently working in Canada, you have to upload an explanation letter that you are exempted from the proof of funds. That's what i did. Hope this helps.

N.thakuri

Jul 10, 2018
Hi guys

1. Using the points calculator tool, I got 503 points. - Details given as PS.

2. I created a profile and applied for the Express Entry and as soon as I submitted my application I got an email saying that my application was rejected. On the application profile page it says that the "Review of Minimum Entry Criteria is Not Met". They sent me an email with the following information:

-------------EMAIL START-------------------------
You are not eligible for Express Entry
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on your profile, you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs. Reasons you would not be eligible for Express Entry include:
• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low
• not having enough relevant work experience
• not having the required education level
• not having enough funds
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your qualifications and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a higher level of education.
-------------EMAIL END----------------------------

My thoughts:
1. My language score is recent and pretty good (CELPIP: S=9,W=10,L=12,R=12) so it can't be the first 3 reasons.
2. I graduated last year (Masters in Comp Sc from a Canadian University) and my classmates didn't have a problem when they applied so I think the education level should not be an issue.
3. I have been working as a temporary full-time instructor for 9 months so I have less than 1 year of work experience. I have 4 years of work ex. from India. I will have finished 1 year of work ex at the end of Feb 2017.
4. I said I had 4000 dollars in funds so I don't know if that can be an issue.

I am confused on why this happened. My passport expires in Sept 2017. Not sure if that could be the reason.

Please help!

Thanks
Pranjal

PS: Details of CRS tool
Core/Human capital factors
Age = 105
Level of education = 135
Study in Canada = 30
Official Languages = 133
First Official Language = 133
Second Official Language = 0
Canadian work experience = 0