+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Help, I dont know what to do anymore. Thanks in advance !

adwance

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Hi All,

I have a very interesting scenario, I would like to get your thoughts on. I applied for PR with my family as a PNP nominee. I was in Canada and got my PR processed. My spouse and child were requested for passport , they did not submit because the name on my wife's passport was wrongly spelled and we raised a webform explaining the same. We also provided a one and the same person affidavit along with a new passport with the correct name spelling. That was in July 2022. I have since then raise a webform every month requesting for a status update and even had the local member of parliament follow up for me. For the last 3-4 months the Yellow Knife office has not given an update.

The progress or name of the application has not changed from final decision give / application is in progress

Any advise here would be greatly appreciated. I don't know what to do anymore. Below is what I have tried

1. Over 12 web forms , One every month to IRCC with no concrete way forward
  2. Application for a work permit for my wife as I had an open work permit that is valid- This was denied
  3. Using my Canadian MP office to reach IRCC
  4. Asking my dependent to raise the webform on her own behalf
  5. Spousal sponsorship - I am eligible due to question 6 on IMM 1344e

I got my family to Canada on a visitor visa and would like to apply for a spousal sponsorship however there is a question in IMM1344e that reads the below, Does this prevent me from proceeding with the sponsorship application ?

Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their
family members?

I have just want to keep my family together. Please assist. Thanks