+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application from the Philippines

EVANSWANDIE

Jul 7, 2008
Hi!

Anyone who applied from the Philippines know the status of the processing of the application and what year are they processing.

thanks....

evanswandie

angelinoj

Jul 6, 2008
Hi there,

I can't answer your question, but I'm also a Filipino, though I didn't apply my application in the Phils.

But I believe you can check your application status in the CIC website, right?

EVANSWANDIE

Jul 7, 2008
Hi,

thanks...we have applied last Feb 2008 and processed last May 27, 2008. I am confused since based on the effectivity of the new immigration policy is on or after Feb 27, 2008.

I was assuming that we are covered under the simplified processing however the agent we tap here in the philippines to process our application told us that we are under the new policy....

Well, i think we need to agree with the agent since they are the one in contact with the CIC. What do you think?

thanks...again.

Evan Swandie

angelinoj

Jul 6, 2008
When did you exactly submit your application Feb __, 2008?
If your case is under the simplified process, you should have received the letter from CIC with your file number by now and the letter will tell you when they started to process your application and how long is your waiting time.

You can use the file number to double check in cic website under the online services, and it will show the status... ofcourse, if you trust your agent that much, just believe in what they say but will not cause you anything anyway to double check right?

Under "Online services"
Click the "Client Application Status" and you will see this page. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en
then just follow the instruction.

As I know though, that if you are already under the new policy which is on or after Feb 27, 2008, they will not start the process until they have released the list of in-demand/urgent skills required in Canada. I've read that they will release it by Aug. 15.

Hopes this helps!

markus

Jul 19, 2007
evan,

my application was processed way bak january 2006, no news as of now, i believe they are now on the years 2004 to early 2005..... so i guess it will be at least a year more before i hear from the embassy..... if you apply for the new process and your skill is on demand youll probably hear sooner than my case.... i hope to hear from the embassy soon.... hirap na dito sa atin..... good luck!!

markus