+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Forms of children and non-accompanying husband

rizkhan123

Jan 13, 2010
Dear Friends

Can anybody help me answering these questions for a friend of mine:

1. Three persons are applying for Canadian Visit visa - Mother, Son-1(under 18) and the other Son- 2 (above 18 but less than 22).

Son-1 is dependant and under 18.

Son-2 is also dependant and ages between 18 and 22.

a. Will a different form be used for Son-2 ?

b. Will husband's particulards be included in the FORM who is not applying for the visa.

c. Will a permission letter from husband be required ?

d. Will a permission letter be required for children from the Father ?

b. Further, the Son-2 will be applying with the family but will be flying after few days of his other and brother.

In this situation are there any specific requirements of FORMS ? Will there be any problem at Port of Entry if he travels alone (i.e. without mother) ?

I expect an urgent reply.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
rizkhan123 said:
Dear Friends

1. Three persons are applying for Canadian Visit visa - Mother, Son-1(under 18) and the other Son- 2 (above 18 but less than 22).

b. Will husband's particulards be included in the FORM who is not applying for the visa.

b. Further, the Son-2 will be applying with the family but will be flying after few days of his other and brother.

In this situation are there any specific requirements of FORMS ? Will there be any problem at Port of Entry if he travels alone (i.e. without mother) ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

She only need one form but will have to pay the fees for all three including herself. Please see the form its very much self explaintory, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257B.PDF

If husband not applying, no need to put him on the from. no need of any permission from husband, no need of any permission letter from father.
she would only need a job letter or if husband is self employed (his business papers/bank stmts, property papers) but if mother is working then,she need a letter from her employer.
your last question: i am not sure but if she checks on the form "will accompanying" then i guess he need to go with mom.
not sure on this.

sadia malik

Oct 16, 2017
Dear Friends

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Hi,
I have kind of a similar case as your's.
I am intending to apply without spouse but accompanying my two sons. If you dont mind i wanted to ask whether you got the PR or not, and would you please tell me the reason you gave for not accompanying your husband? I would highly appreciate your response.

ali2525

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
i have a similar question
i am a husband and a unaccompanying member of immigration application filed by my wife i also gave the reason for unaccompanying at that time now i am ready to apply do i have to follow the same spouse sponsorship procedure i also went through medical exam is there any seperate form or procedure for applying now
thanks

sadia malik

Oct 16, 2017
i have a similar question
i am a husband and a unaccompanying member of immigration application filed by my wife i also gave the reason for unaccompanying at that time now i am ready to apply do i have to follow the same spouse sponsorship procedure i also went through medical exam is there any seperate form or procedure for applying now
thanks
I don't know exactly how one can include applicants but the points are recalculated in case of spouse inclusion in the PR application as per my knowledge. And if the recalculated points are below the required CRS then the application is rejected. It also raises the question of why is the spouse being included at this stage, so it might not be a good idea to do it now. If I were you I would wait a little longer and get myself sponsored when the spouse gets PR card.

ali2525

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
I don't know exactly how one can include applicants but the points are recalculated in case of spouse inclusion in the PR application as per my knowledge. And if the recalculated points are below the required CRS then the application is rejected. It also raises the question of why is the spouse being included at this stage, so it might not be a good idea to do it now. If I were you I would wait a little longer and get myself sponsored when the spouse gets PR card.
family already PR i could nt go because of my job now i can go ,my name already in the application filed by my wife as unaccomapanying member what is next

ali2525

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Your wife needs to sponsor you.
why she needs to sponsor a spouse who was already in her application as a unaccompanying member where as we submitted a explanation for unaccompanying reason as my job at that time it should be continuation of the same application or the case please advise my wife and kids are PR for two and a half years now and last year i visited them also on a visitor visa which is still valid

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
why she needs to sponsor a spouse who was already in her application as a unaccompanying member where as we submitted a explanation for unaccompanying reason as my job at that time it should be continuation of the same application or the case please advise my wife and kids are PR for two and a half years now and last year i visited them also on a visitor visa which is still valid
That app is closed. She must sponsor you.

sadia malik

Oct 16, 2017
family already PR i could nt go because of my job now i can go ,my name already in the application filed by my wife as unaccomapanying member what is next
Then she must sponsor you. It ll take maximum of 12 months to get the process complete.