+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Work permit from inside Canada or outside?

RCDK

Apr 14, 2018
Hi,

I have a temporary residence visa for canada and i intend to apply for work permit. I dont have a job offer yet. Could i come to canada and search job get offer letter from employer and then apply work permit from inside canada? Is it permissible?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I have a temporary residence visa for canada and i intend to apply for work permit. I dont have a job offer yet. Could i come to canada and search job get offer letter from employer and then apply work permit from inside canada? Is it permissible?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/could-i-apply-for-work-permit-from-india-for-canada-without-offer-letter-or-job-in-canada.662272/

As you were already told, an employer needs a positive LMIA to hire you. As the LMIA process has strict requirements, takes 4-6 months and costs the employer over $1000, very few are willing to even try. There is little chance that you will come to Canada and be able to find a job.

danyalejandro

Aug 7, 2015
British Columbia
Hi,

It's very uncommon to get a job offer without having a work permit. I did try this and every employer out there wouldn't even discuss the topic with me, it was always "let's chat again after you get the work permit". I believe that method is left open so that exceptional academics, sportsmen or entertainers can easily enter Canada, but not so much us normal folks.