+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for the extension of the visitor stay in Canada

scooby.tw

Aug 1, 2009
My husband entered Canada to visit me few months ago.
He entered Canada the Visa waiver program. (The Visa waiver program allows him to stay in Canada for 6 months.)

Recently, we filed his immigration document through the family sponsorship program(I sponsor him).
Currently, his file has been sent to the designated Visa Office.
We intend to extend his stay here for 6~12 months. Thus, he can stay here with Visitor visa until the landing notice.

1.Can we apply for the extension of his stay in Canada? Anyone has the experience like this?

2.Regarding he funds for supporting him in the application form, do we need to submit any document to prove the funds he has?
Any examples?

Thanks.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
scooby.tw said:
My husband entered Canada to visit me few months ago.
He entered Canada the Visa waiver program. (The Visa waiver program allows him to stay in Canada for 6 months.)

Recently, we filed his immigration document through the family sponsorship program(I sponsor him).
Currently, his file has been sent to the designated Visa Office.
We intend to extend his stay here for 6~12 months. Thus, he can stay here with Visitor visa until the landing notice.

1.Can we apply for the extension of his stay in Canada? Anyone has the experience like this?

2.Regarding he funds for supporting him in the application form, do we need to submit any document to prove the funds he has?
Any examples?

Thanks.
Yes your husband can apply for an extension to stay in Canada and it must be before his current visa expiry date( recommendations are to apply at least one month before his expiry) he can apply online and he must provide proof of funds during his stay (your bank statement, job payslips etc can also work as the proof of funds for him). In addition submit your family class sponsor payment receipt as a proof that you had already sponsored him.