+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for study permit with one daughter

ddd2332

May 28, 2018
Hello everyone.

I am trying to apply for a study permit and I have one daughter living with me in Montreal.
I applied CAQ and included my daughter's information and just received the CAQ.
Now I have to apply for the student permit through Federal Government.
I thought I needed to apply my daughter's visa as Temporary Resident Permit Holder, but when I chose that option, it was saying that I need to apply by mail. Is there any link or reference to which I can prepare the application for student permit for myself and my daughter?

Thank you in advance for your help! Have a great day!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone.

I am trying to apply for a study permit and I have one daughter living with me in Montreal.
I applied CAQ and included my daughter's information and just received the CAQ.
Now I have to apply for the student permit through Federal Government.
I thought I needed to apply my daughter's visa as Temporary Resident Permit Holder, but when I chose that option, it was saying that I need to apply by mail. Is there any link or reference to which I can prepare the application for student permit for myself and my daughter?

Thank you in advance for your help! Have a great day!
Hi

A Temporary Resident Permit is for people who are inadmissible to Canada. What is your daughter's current status in Canada?

Reactions: ddd2332

ddd2332

May 28, 2018
Hi

A Temporary Resident Permit is for people who are inadmissible to Canada. What is your daughter's current status in Canada?
Hello. She has a temporary authorization that she got from the Ministere de l'Education, de l'Enseignement superieur et de la Recherche, which allows her to study in the English school. I currently have a student visa, and I am going into a new school so I applied for a new CAQ using the acceptance letter I got from school. She is 13 years old so I wanted to include her to get the same visa as me when I apply.. Thank you very much for your help!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello. She has a temporary authorization that she got from the Ministere de l'Education, de l'Enseignement superieur et de la Recherche, which allows her to study in the English school. I currently have a student visa, and I am going into a new school so I applied for a new CAQ using the acceptance letter I got from school. She is 13 years old so I wanted to include her to get the same visa as me when I apply.. Thank you very much for your help!
That has nothing to do with her immigration status in Canada. What is her immigration status?

monyao

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hi, I think you should apply for a study permit or a visitor visa for your daughter. But you need to submit with your application together. In the latter case as a visitor, she can get a visitor record which covers the same period as your own study permit.

ddd2332

May 28, 2018
That has nothing to do with her immigration status in Canada. What is her immigration status?
Hello. Thank you for your clarification. I just checked and she has a visitor visa.. Is there a way for me to apply online together for my daughter? or should I apply by mail? Thank you very much!

ddd2332

May 28, 2018
Hi, I think you should apply for a study permit or a visitor visa for your daughter. But you need to submit with your application together. In the latter case as a visitor, she can get a visitor record which covers the same period as your own study permit.
Hello. Thank you very much. Yes, she has a visitor's visa which ends on Oct 15th 2018 (same as my current student visa). So you mean that I need to make two application (one student visa for me, one visitor visa for my daughter) and send them together in one mail/online?

Thank you!

monyao

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hello. Thank you very much. Yes, she has a visitor's visa which ends on Oct 15th 2018 (same as my current student visa). So you mean that I need to make two application (one student visa for me, one visitor visa for my daughter) and send them together in one mail/online?

Thank you!
Yes, you can apply online for the two applications together and you are the main applicant. Absolutely you should submit two applications together under your name.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello. Thank you for your clarification. I just checked and she has a visitor visa.. Is there a way for me to apply online together for my daughter? or should I apply by mail? Thank you very much!
When she entered Canada, she was either granted 6 months visitor status or issued a Visitor Record to match your study permit.

If you are referring to a TRV in her passort, that is irrelevant. Are you referring to a Visitor Record?

ddd2332

May 28, 2018
When she entered Canada, she was either granted 6 months visitor status or issued a Visitor Record to match your study permit.

If you are referring to a TRV in her passort, that is irrelevant. Are you referring to a Visitor Record?
Hello. I was referring to the visitor record to match my study permit. In this case, how should I apply for my new study permit? Is there a specific process to include my daughter? Thank you!

ddd2332

May 28, 2018
Hello. I was referring to the visitor record to match my study permit. In this case, how should I apply for my new study permit? Is there a specific process to include my daughter? Thank you!
Also, when I was answering the Questionnaire from CIA to check the eligibility for application, I was not sure what to say to "What does your family member want to do in Canada?". There are answers for "remain as a visitor" or "apply for a student permit". Since she is for matching my study permit (visitor record), should I choose remain as a visitor?

THank you very much!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Also, when I was answering the Questionnaire from CIA to check the eligibility for application, I was not sure what to say to "What does your family member want to do in Canada?". There are answers for "remain as a visitor" or "apply for a student permit". Since she is for matching my study permit (visitor record), should I choose remain as a visitor?

THank you very much!
You can choose remain as a visitor for her.

ddd2332

May 28, 2018
You can choose remain as a visitor for her.
Thank you very much. I was wondering if you could give me an advise to another problem I am facing.. I am trying to upload the required document for my student visa and my daughter's visitor's record visa. However, I keep getting the error saying that I can't upload IMM5708e because the form is invalid. I posted another link as below for advice but I haven't been getting any help.. I was wondering if you have any idea or suggestion.. Thank you very much!!

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-cant-upload-the-form-imm5708e-for-visitor-visa-extension.564267/

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you very much. I was wondering if you could give me an advise to another problem I am facing.. I am trying to upload the required document for my student visa and my daughter's visitor's record visa. However, I keep getting the error saying that I can't upload IMM5708e because the form is invalid. I posted another link as below for advice but I haven't been getting any help.. I was wondering if you have any idea or suggestion.. Thank you very much!!

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-cant-upload-the-form-imm5708e-for-visitor-visa-extension.564267/
Sorry, don't know.