+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for QSW and Federal Express Entry in the same time

gaf1

Apr 3, 2017
Hello Experts,

Could you please tell me if I can apply to Quebec program and make another application for Federal program in the same time? Do the process affect to the other one?

Because when I apply for Quebec, I have to express that I plan to stay in Quebec and not in other province. By the way, in Federal Express Entry, I will express that I plan to stay in every province in Canada except Quebec. It's a conflict and I fear that my applications will be rejected by both the processes.

Anyone did it in the past without any problem?

Tks in advance.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
gaf1 said:
Hello Experts,

Could you please tell me if I can apply to Quebec program and make another application for Federal program in the same time? Do the process affect to the other one?

Because when I apply for Quebec, I have to express that I plan to stay in Quebec and not in other province. By the way, in Federal Express Entry, I will express that I plan to stay in every province in Canada except Quebec. It's a conflict and I fear that my applications will be rejected by both the processes.

Anyone did it in the past without any problem?

Tks in advance.
Where are you currently residing ? That will help to ans your query ....

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
In the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), you have to stay in any province except Quebec because Quebec has a separate immigration program, which is the Quebec Skilled Worker (QSWP). And vice versa, Quebec will say, if you plan to stay outside Quebec, you must apply through FSW.

I hope this is clear :)

gaf1

Apr 3, 2017
Sorry if I was not clear enough.

I am applying from Vietnam and I've never been in Canada.

I just want to double my chance with 2 applications to 2 programs as I speak French and English and have both TEF and IELTS. The question was: "If I apply to both FSW and QSW separately, does Quebec know about my FSW application and vice versa, does CIC know about my QSW application?".

If they don't know about each other, I will be ok. If they do, does it illegal that I apply to both the 2 programs?

I hope that I am clear this time.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
gaf1 said:
Sorry if I was not clear enough.

I am applying from Vietnam and I've never been in Canada.

I just want to double my chance with 2 applications to 2 programs as I speak French and English and have both TEF and IELTS. The question was: "If I apply to both FSW and QSW separately, does Quebec know about my FSW application and vice versa, does CIC know about my QSW application?".

If they don't know about each other, I will be ok. If they do, does it illegal that I apply to both the 2 programs?

I hope that I am clear this time.
You can apply to both programs ,if you qualify for both ,but you will have to withdraw one application eventually (during federal stage ).

gaf1

Apr 3, 2017
Thank you very much poisonapple. I will see if I apply to Quebec because of the complexity of the dossier.

Vishnu torres

Aug 27, 2017
Hi,
Plz after applyingTo Québec skilled workers can we submit To federal skilled workers express be cause long time of waiting in the First one.
Is it possible?
Thanks.

yesh

Mar 6, 2018
Hi,
Right now,I live in Quebec. I have my csq,open work permit (expiring on may 2018)and my AOR for permananet residency via the quec selcted skilled workers route and i passed the medicals . Am i allowed to apply for express entry at this stage(i have at around 470 points)?Is it a good idea to do so(choosing express entry at this stage)?My employer is ready to help me with the bridge permit (my only concern is that it is a closed permit)?What happens , if i get a closed permit and they lay me off from my job.

anshuman10

Jan 3, 2018
montreal
Category........
FAM
IELTS Request
Hi guys, instead of applying for CSQ people have been advising on applying for Express entry .
I am very new and learning on the process. What are the pros and cons of applying for Express instead of CSQ.
Is there a thread already which covers this?
I am on a closed WP in MTL,QC till Oct 2019.

hjf123

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hi guys, instead of applying for CSQ people have been advising on applying for Express entry .
I am very new and learning on the process. What are the pros and cons of applying for Express instead of CSQ.
Is there a thread already which covers this?
I am on a closed WP in MTL,QC till Oct 2019.
From my point of view, if one person is qualified for either EE or CSQ, that person is very likely to be qualified for the other. So it becomes very tricky when you consider which stream you are gonna choose.

I think the most important pros and cons for each stream are:
CSQ Pros: Once your point is above 50, then it is almost unlike for you to be rejected for the CSQ, compared with EE. EE requires occupation above C (NOC O,A or B), while CSQ only requires above D (NOC O,A,B, or C)
CSQ Cons: The policy is not stable, changing all the time; the process time is way too long.
EE Pros: Fast
EE Cons: Even though your score is above CSR minimum score and you are invited, it's still possible for you to be rejected by the Visa Officier because of many reasons. For instance, your work experience doesn't meet the NOC OAB requirement from the Visa Officier's perspective. There are a lot of threads talking about being rejected because of wrong NOC. AND, you need to move outside Quebec once you get invited to proof no intention living in Quebec.

Reactions: anshuman10

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hello Can we apply CSQ as well as express entry at the same time?
meaning CSQ application is in process and got Express Entry invitation as well (after sometime)
what will happen in that case..?