+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for PR for refugees

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Is the NOD sent through my portal electronicall to my counsel valid to apply for PR and CSQ and other programs. Or I have to wait the original mail one?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is the NOD sent through my portal electronicall to my counsel valid to apply for PR and CSQ and other programs. Or I have to wait the original mail one?
You need the hard copy/ original one. You can still work on your application while waiting for the NOD.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But I already got the decision with NOD written on it. And the original isn't any different. Why is it that important?
Like many documents only the original is viewed as the official document. Technically the original can’t be changed. Something like oral approval could technically be reversed.

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Like many documents only the original is viewed as the official document. Technically the original can’t be changed. Something like oral approval could technically be reversed.
But it's not an oral approval though. It's an official decision the paper I have has Notice of decision written above with my name and date of birth saying I was accepted as convention refugee and the reasons are attached. I saw othe NOD's on google it's not different than what I have. But the one I have is a copy of what my lawyer received there's still mine that's all.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
[basing this on my experience, i got my acceptance in Jan 2022]

The NOD sent by myportal electronically to your lawyer DOES NOT HAVE the seal that the original NOD had (which is sent by mail). The NOD that was sent by mail had an original stamp that reads CERTIFIED TRUE COPY.

This is the one you should use for your PR application not the electronic one.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
But it's not an oral approval though. It's an official decision the paper I have has Notice of decision written above with my name and date of birth saying I was accepted as convention refugee and the reasons are attached. I saw othe NOD's on google it's not different than what I have. But the one I have is a copy of what my lawyer received there's still mine that's all.

The NOD sent by myportal electronically to your lawyer DOES NOT HAVE the seal that the original NOD had (which is sent by mail). The NOD that was sent by mail had an original stamp that reads CERTIFIED TRUE COPY.

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022

I got the letter from IRB by mail and the certified original letter yesterday. Thank you for your reply anyways.