+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for parents visitor visa

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
hi all,
I am a bit confused about this situation. Can someone help out?
I am a PR in Canada since Sep 2021 and I would like to invite my parents to visit here. My brother recently got his study permit approved (gave his passport for stamping to vfs). So my question is, should I wait to apply for my parents visitor visa until my brother comes here or just apply since I am inviting them as a permanent resident.
My parents are financially well off and have a strong travel history (Europe) and also possess a valid US visa. What would be the best option for me right now? Should I wait or apply for their visitor visa as soon as my brother gets his passport back?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi all,
I am a PR in Canada since Sep 2021 and I would like to invite my parents to visit here. My brother recently got his study permit approved (gave his passport for stamping to vfs). So my question is, should I wait to apply for my parents visitor visa until my brother comes here or just apply since I am inviting them as a permanent resident.
My parents are financially well off and have a strong travel history (Europe) and also possess a valid US visa. What would be the best option for me right now? Should I wait or apply for their visitor visa as soon as my brother gets his passport back?
Your parents can apply any time.

sammy0024

Jan 24, 2021
hi all,
Since you're a PR, If you meet the minimum income requirements, apply for Super Visa for your parents as it has high approval rate and the processing time can be anywhere from 1-6 months and they can stay longer for more than 6 Months. This is my recommendation otherwise a proper visitor visa application can also be submitted if not the super visa.

Reactions: rose-sh10

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
Since you're a PR, If you meet the minimum income requirements, apply for Super Visa for your parents as it has high approval rate and the processing time can be anywhere from 1-6 months and they can stay longer for more than 6 Months. This is my recommendation otherwise a proper visitor visa application can also be submitted if not the super visa.
Hi,
Thanks for the advice :)
Actually I don’t have a job as of now, have applied to some hoping to start soon so super visa wont be my option. As for the visitor visa, should I go with IRCC portal or Gc key?

I made an account on IRCC portal and when I filled the form (adding info about US visa), it shows that I don’t need to add any proof of funds in the required docs. So should I proceed without adding proof of funds?

I am more familiar with how gc key works so I am confused between the two.

sammy0024

Jan 24, 2021
Hi,
Actually I don’t have a job as of now, have applied to some hoping to start soon so super visa wont be my option. As for the visitor visa, should I go with IRCC portal or Gc key?

I made an account on IRCC portal and when I filled the form (adding info about US visa), it shows that I don’t need to add any proof of funds in the required docs. So should I proceed without adding proof of funds?

Both IRCC and GC key portals are fine as long as the application is accurate. If there is no option to show proof of funds, try to add a LOE and attach your bank statement in (additional docs column) since you have to show that how can you support them here financially.

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
Both IRCC and GC key portals are fine as long as the application is accurate. If there is no option to show proof of funds, try to add a LOE and attach your bank statement in (additional docs column) since you have to show that how can you support them here financially.
Thanks for the advice. Actually they are financially well off to support themselves here in Canada so I think I will just upload their bank statement in LOE but what I have heard is that if you possess a valid US visa or have been to Canada in the last 10 years, you are eligible for Can+ which is why I don’t see a slot for proof of funds. That requirement is waived off for can+ applications as per the IRCC Abu Dhabi office checklist.

sammy0024

Jan 24, 2021
Thanks for the advice. Actually they are financially well off to support themselves here in Canada so I think I will just upload their bank statement in LOE but what I have heard is that if you possess a valid US visa or have been to Canada in the last 10 years, you are eligible for Can+ which is why I don’t see a slot for proof of funds. That requirement is waived off for can+ applications as per the IRCC Abu Dhabi office checklist.
Yes that's true, their application falls under CAN+ and that helps with faster processing time too. Since you mentioned Abu Dhabi as their country of residence, attach their status document too for the country of residence. Good Luck !

Reactions: rose-sh10

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do your parents have permanent residency in KSA? If not there may be concerns about there return home to their home country if they are retired. This is a common issue in the a Middle East because residency status of many is tied to employment. After retirement many don’t have a guarantee that they will be able to return to the Middle Eadt after coming to Canada and have minimal ties to their home country. The fact that both children will be in Canada creates more ties to Canada and less ties to their home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Supervisa is based on income earned not salary so most do not qualify for a supervisa for at least the first year. NOA is the preferred proof of LICO.

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
Do your parents have permanent residency in KSA? If not there may be concerns about there return home to their home country if they are retired. This is a common issue in the a Middle East because residency status of many is tied to employment. After retirement many don’t have a guarantee that they will be able to return to the Middle Eadt after coming to Canada and have minimal ties to their home country. The fact that both children will be in Canada creates more ties to Canada and less ties to their home country.
No there are not permanent residents but they have high paying jobs (like monthly approx 11,000cad). They also have a good travel history. And we still have a sister who is studying abroad and is financially dependent on them so they cannot stay here as far as the ties are concerned. Is there anything else they should work on the application? They have submitted bank statements, property docs and cover letter explaining everything.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No there are not permanent residents but they have high paying jobs (like monthly approx 11,000cad). They also have a good travel history. And we still have a sister who is studying abroad and is financially dependent on them so they cannot stay here as far as the ties are concerned. Is there anything else they should work on the application? They have submitted bank statements, property docs and cover letter explaining everything.
They should attach proof of employment and proof of approved leave if that is given in KSA. Proof of employment is especially important because they must remain employed in order to return to KSA.

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
They should attach proof of employment and proof of approved leave if that is given in KSA. Proof of employment is especially important because they must remain employed in order to return to KSA.
Yes we have attached that too. Like job continuation and employment proof.