+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Parents and brothers visitor visa

Preetkaur15

Mar 20, 2022
I am PR and wants to apply for my parents supervisa. They don’t have strong ties back home so I’m wondering if supervisa will have less chances of visa approval.
I am planning to apply my parents visitor visa (due to homesickness).
However, I also want to sponsor my brother (who is in UK right now as an international student) for my engagement at the end of this year or May be next year.
So I’m confused that
- should I apply for all of them together for my engagement or can I apply for my parents visa now (just to meet me/no specific reason) and can apply for my Brother alone later for engagement?
- should I go for parents visitor visa or super visa? Which one has more chances of approval as they don’t have strong ties back home.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you meet income requirement for super visa? Your brother likely would have to apply TRV himself and provide his proof of fund.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am PR and wants to apply for my parents supervisa. They don’t have strong ties back home so I’m wondering if supervisa will have less chances of visa approval.
I am planning to apply my parents visitor visa (due to homesickness).
However, I also want to sponsor my brother (who is in UK right now as an international student) for my engagement at the end of this year or May be next year.
So I’m confused that
- should I apply for all of them together for my engagement or can I apply for my parents visa now (just to meet me/no specific reason) and can apply for my Brother alone later for engagement?
- should I go for parents visitor visa or super visa? Which one has more chances of approval as they don’t have strong ties back home.
How old is your brother? If over 22, he applies separately from your parents. There is no such thing as sponsoring a visitor visa. Your brother must show his own funds, ties to home country, travel history, reason to travel etc. He decides when he wants to travel and submit a visitor visa.

As for your parents, if you meet LICO then you can apply for a supervisa. They need to show ties to their home country, travel history, and funds too.

Preetkaur15

Mar 20, 2022
How old is your brother? If over 22, he applies separately from your parents. There is no such thing as sponsoring a visitor visa. Your brother must show his own funds, ties to home country, travel history, reason to travel etc. He decides when he wants to travel and submit a visitor visa.

As for your parents, if you meet LICO then you can apply for a supervisa. They need to show ties to their home country, travel history, and funds too.
He is 23 years old. He in dependent and is on student visa in UK. He still needs to show funds and his employment information?
if I want to invite him for my wedding or engagement soI can’t sponsor him for that?

Preetkaur15

Mar 20, 2022
Do you meet income requirement for super visa? Your brother likely would have to apply TRV himself and provide his proof of fund.
Which one has more chances for approval ? Super visa or Visitor visa? Some of my friends parents visa got refused because they applied for mother and father at the same time (left with no ties back home). So I am very confused how to proceed

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He is 23 years old. He in dependent and is on student visa in UK. He still needs to show funds and his employment information?
if I want to invite him for my wedding or engagement soI can’t sponsor him for that?
You can invite him with a letter and say that he will stay with you and you have some funds. Whether it is considered will be at the discretion of IRCC. Sponsorship is for PR. Yes, He will need to show his own funds, travel history and if a student then his student visa along with program registration.

Preetkaur15

Mar 20, 2022
You can invite him with a letter and say that he will stay with you and you have some funds. Whether it is considered will be at the discretion of IRCC. Sponsorship is for PR. Yes, He will need to show his own funds, travel history and if a student then his student visa along with program registration.
his Canada student visa got refused multiple times.
Now he is studying in UK and I want to invite him here. Does Canada immigration refuse visitor visa applications depending on previous number of refusals ?
if he is still dependent on parents So still he will have to apply separately

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Now he is studying in UK and I want to invite him here. Does Canada immigration refuse visitor visa applications depending on previous number of refusals ?
He will have to state his refusals in his application. You can provide a letter of invitation. He is 23 so not a dependent. He needs to apply on his own separate from your parents based on his profile.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It can be very difficult for young people in general to get TRVs (due to lack of ties, savings, etc.) and given that your brother is studying abroad and has applied for multiple Canadian visas he may struggle to get a TRV.