+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for minor

Sonata

Oct 11, 2017
Ontario
Hi guys,

I need answer for this Q please, my husband will apply for citizenship this week and he want to fill application forms for our kids who stayed in Canada as PRs for 3 yrs in the last 4 yrs and joined me lately in our home conuntry.

I know that minors are not required to spend 3l5 yrs but in the form they ask about all the trips outside Canada and they want the no. of days in total! how we can fill that Q while they are still ouside Canada?

Thanks a lot in advance.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Not sure what you are asking. But their absence would be from the date they left Canada, and if still outside , write present or to date. And it will be counted outside of Canada for those days.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Thanks devilhimself, so their father should count the days from the day they left Canada to the day he signed the form ?

Exactly.

And during interview you will be asked to update the days. They will ask you to check the e-calculator travel history (the one you submitted with application) and update if anything has changed. This was done for adults only and no travel update was inquired for the kids, makes sense as if you get the Citizenship, they get it too.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sonata

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
And an easier way to get the exact cic calculated days will be to make a separate profile on e-calculator, enter dates there and use those to pen down kids days out, and sum it up at the end.

Reactions: Sonata