+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for M. Engg. in ECE (Canadian Universities for FALL 2017)

GursimranS

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Hi all ,

Below is my profile –
B. Tech.  8.64 CGPA
12th  82.8
10th  91.9
IELTS  7.5 Bands (R – 7.5, S – 7.5, L – 7.5, W – 6.5)

Work Experience – 6 months internship, 19 months in Vodafone India and Nokia India

Certifications – CCNA, Red hat Cloud Computing

Universities Applied –
UBC
McMaster University (Rejected)
University of Ottawa
University of Windsor

I left with 3 Universities now. Can anyone please tell me how much time above universities will take for final decision? And please suggest if require to apply in some other university.

NavnoorsC

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
You have a decent profile, yet University if Windsor is not that reputed for its ECE program. I hope you kept it as a safe option. University of Ottawa is moderate , but there decisions are selective and only benefit is of location. UBC would obviously be an ambitious univ. All the universities decisions would be rolling out soon tho. Universities you should have applied to- University of Victoria, Concordia University, Queens University, Univesity of Calgary, Carleton University. Uvic's ECE program for co-op is one of the best and its cheap too, I wonder why you did not consider that. Rest would have been mod to ambi. as universities are rolling out few admits as of yet.
Hope it helps!!
All the best!!

rfrs1992

Feb 15, 2017
GursimranS said:
Hi all ,

Below is my profile –
B. Tech.  8.64 CGPA
12th  82.8
10th  91.9
IELTS  7.5 Bands (R – 7.5, S – 7.5, L – 7.5, W – 6.5)

Work Experience – 6 months internship, 19 months in Vodafone India and Nokia India

Certifications – CCNA, Red hat Cloud Computing

Universities Applied –
UBC
McMaster University (Rejected)
University of Ottawa
University of Windsor

I left with 3 Universities now. Can anyone please tell me how much time above universities will take for final decision? And please suggest if require to apply in some other university.
has your status in UBC changed? mine is still in "in progress"

GursimranS

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
rfrs1992 said:
has your status in UBC changed? mine is still in "in progress"
Mine status is also "in progress" . Website highlights that they will roll out result at the end of march month .

GursimranS

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NavnoorsC said:
You have a decent profile, yet University if Windsor is not that reputed for its ECE program. I hope you kept it as a safe option. University of Ottawa is moderate , but there decisions are selective and only benefit is of location. UBC would obviously be an ambitious univ. All the universities decisions would be rolling out soon tho. Universities you should have applied to- University of Victoria, Concordia University, Queens University, Univesity of Calgary, Carleton University. Uvic's ECE program for co-op is one of the best and its cheap too, I wonder why you did not consider that. Rest would have been mod to ambi. as universities are rolling out few admits as of yet.
Hope it helps!!
All the best!!
Thanks navnoor . I keep Windsor as a safe option . UBC is my top priority . Can you pls tell my if I apply in UVic although deadlines are over .

NavnoorsC

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Uvic's industrial option deadline was on 15 january. But you can still apply to thesis program, but need to contact a supervisor prior to completing the online application. If you can get in contact with any professor and get the recommendation, then you would have an admit for sure.

rfrs1992

Feb 15, 2017
GursimranS said:
Mine status is also "in progress" . Website highlights that they will roll out result at the end of march month .
GursimranS said:
Thanks navnoor . I keep Windsor as a safe option . UBC is my top priority . Can you pls tell my if I apply in UVic although deadlines are over .
UBC is my top priority too (for the MEng in ECE), update your status if there are any changes

GursimranS

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NavnoorsC said:
Uvic's industrial option deadline was on 15 january. But you can still apply to thesis program, but need to contact a supervisor prior to completing the online application. If you can get in contact with any professor and get the recommendation, then you would have an admit for sure.
Thank you :)

rfrs1992

Feb 15, 2017
GursimranS said:
which universities you applied apart from UBC?Any response from anyone?
I applied for Ryerson Uni. (MEng in Computer Networks), Carleton Uni. (MEng ECE), UOIT (MEng ECE), UBC (MEng ECE) and UVic (MEng MTIS)
I got accepted in Ryerson and I am still waiting for the rest.

GursimranS

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
rfrs1992 said:
I applied for Ryerson Uni. (MEng in Computer Networks), Carleton Uni. (MEng ECE), UOIT (MEng ECE), UBC (MEng ECE) and UVic (MEng MTIS)
I got accepted in Ryerson and I am still waiting for the rest.
I didn't get positive response from any university yet . Declined from McMaster . Should I apply Ryerson Uni. ?

rfrs1992

Feb 15, 2017
GursimranS said:
I didn't get positive response from any university yet . Declined from McMaster . Should I apply Ryerson Uni. ?
You have a good profile I think you can into UBC, Ottawa or Windsor. If you do not feel confidence apply to Ryerson, i do not know if the deadline is over or how much time will pass until they give you an answer

GursimranS

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
rfrs1992 said:
You have a good profile I think you can into UBC, Ottawa or Windsor. If you do not feel confidence apply to Ryerson, i do not know if the deadline is over or how much time will pass until they give you an answer
Ryerson is accepting applications yet . Good thing about Ryerson is that admission is easy . Can u please tell if u have any idea , which university is better - windsor / ryerson . And I think Ottawa is better from both Windsor/ Ryerson .

rfrs1992

Feb 15, 2017
GursimranS said:
Ryerson is accepting applications yet . Good thing about Ryerson is that admission is easy . Can u please tell if u have any idea , which university is better - windsor / ryerson . And I think Ottawa is better from both Windsor/ Ryerson .
If you look to rankings you will find Ottawa > Ryerson > Windsor
http://www.webometrics.info/en/North_america/Canada
http://www.macleans.ca/education/canadas-top-engineering-universities-2016-full-results/
http://www.macleans.ca/schools/university-of-windsor/
http://www.macleans.ca/schools/ryerson-university/
http://www.macleans.ca/schools/university-of-ottawa/