+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for LCP Canada: What, How, Why? Caregiver Program

acerintel23

Aug 19, 2016
Anybody here from the Philippines

My cousin's from the Philippines and is the one applying under the LCP Program of Canada, he has already finished his caregiving course with on-the-training and has work experience of 5 years, if ever given the chance, he would be working as a caregiver with his sister and take care of her children

I hope someone would answer the following questions and I would like to thank you in advance:

1) Do you need IELTS/TOEFL or Speak test when you apply for LCP?
2) Do you need a show money if ever you apply for the LCP?
3) Does anyone applied for the LCP Program? How was it? Was your application approved or not? My cousin would apply for the first time

Thank you very much and I hope whoever is applying for the Work Permit under the LCP Program of Canada would be approved and be granted with a Visa

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
ielts not required, it is only required when she will apply for permanent residence.
show money not required, what she needs to show is only proof of funds.
I hate to say this, but if your employer in Canada is your relative, most likely you will be denied.

acerintel23

Aug 19, 2016
I just want to clarify something,

A) Do you have any idea how much money should you show or provide when applying for the LCP?

2) how is the success rate in the application, do many people get approved or not?

Thank you very much

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
no idea on the amount, but as long as you can show you have a bank account, no financial obligations such as debts or loans.

as I said, the application will most likely be denied if your prospected employer in Canada is your relative. but you can always try. it's up to the visa officer.

acerintel23

Aug 19, 2016
Can she apply for permanent residency when shes there already and how long is the processing for it? Is it possible if she takes ielts before going there? Btw, she has also taken the speak test, can she include it in her application?

Thank you very much

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
she can apply for permanent residence after 2 years of working here provided she meet all the eligibility requirements - one is ielts. and ielts should not be older than 2yrs, so even if she took it before she came here, it is considered expired by the time she will apply for permanent residence. so don't take ielts.

Feb 20, 2018
Hi everyone my name is Baljeet Dhaliwal I have been working since last 1year as a live in care giver... but on my work permit it is written there “applicant is not a part of LCP not they are eligible to apply PR under this program while my occupation is mentioned LIVE IN CARE GIVER... can please someone answer my this question.. what does it mean ???
Thanks

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
Hi everyone my name is Baljeet Dhaliwal I have been working since last 1year as a live in care giver... but on my work permit it is written there “applicant is not a part of LCP not they are eligible to apply PR under this program while my occupation is mentioned LIVE IN CARE GIVER... can please someone answer my this question.. what does it mean ???
Thanks[/QUOTE

Are you in BC?

ricky8080

Mar 6, 2018
Thanks
I am bit outdated with the recent changes with “Caregiver Program” but I believe that Live -in Caregiver Program is not existent anymore. They are now under diff. Immigration category together with skilled work. I think the note on your permit is just a disclaimer that your Job is no longer categorized as LCP as it non existent after the changes in immigration programs. With the defunct LCP program, all applicants under the program are qualified to apply for PR after finishing a 2 yrs of Live-in caregiver employment.

Feb 20, 2018
It means I don’t need to worry about it .right ??And after completion of 24months I can apply PR and as well OPEN WORK PERMIT?
Thank you .

ricky8080

Mar 6, 2018
No.It means you have to go through a diff process of PR application , not LCP as it non-existent anymore.

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
You have to apply under New caregiver pathway.either caring for children or caring for people with high medical needs.