+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for IEC from within Canada

Julikate

Jan 7, 2013
I am trying to reach the call centre, but as nobody seems to be picking up at all, I thought I would try and see if I can get some help here.

I applied for a Young Professionals visa and got my conditional acceptance from IEC.
When I completed the "Come to Canada" wizard on the CIC website it led me to form IMM5710E, because I am already in Canada and have been for a year and a half (half a year as a visitor, one year on a Working Holiday visa) and want to stay with my current employer.

Now I am just worried that I should have put Germany as my residence, which would have directed me to a different form, which is fairly similar, but requires a couple more documents.

My questions are, if it is the wrong form, will I have to go through the whole process CIC again or might they be able to just ask for additional documents.

And also, seeing as I have implied status right now, since my Working Holiday expired on the 16th this month, can I still work or not (I am not at the moment)?

Thankful for any kind of advice!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Julikate said:
I am trying to reach the call centre, but as nobody seems to be picking up at all, I thought I would try and see if I can get some help here.

I applied for a Young Professionals visa and got my conditional acceptance from IEC.
When I completed the "Come to Canada" wizard on the CIC website it led me to form IMM5710E, because I am already in Canada and have been for a year and a half (half a year as a visitor, one year on a Working Holiday visa) and want to stay with my current employer.

Now I am just worried that I should have put Germany as my residence, which would have directed me to a different form, which is fairly similar, but requires a couple more documents.

My questions are, if it is the wrong form, will I have to go through the whole process CIC again or might they be able to just ask for additional documents.

And also, seeing as I have implied status right now, since my Working Holiday expired on the 16th this month, can I still work or not (I am not at the moment)?

Thankful for any kind of advice!
We're in a similar situation. But I put Germany as my country of residence in the Coming to Canada wizard as this
was one of the eligibility criteria on the IEC website.
I'll be leaving Canada after my visa expires, so I usually reside in Germany. Those were my thoughts.
My visa expires April 5th, so just hope I'll get my LOI before it expires.
And what's the deal with that implied status?

Julikate

Jan 7, 2013
Implied status means you can remain in Canada until they make a decision, even if your visa is expired.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Julikate said:
Implied status means you can remain in Canada until they make a decision, even if your visa is expired.
Do I have to apply for the implied status or does that happen automatically when I apply for a new visa
and my current one expires before a decision is made?

Julikate

Jan 7, 2013
No, it's automatic. :) As far as I know you're not even supposed to leave the country while the application for a new visa is still being processed.