+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for extension of PGWP

jhonnygdr

Nov 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I am an international postgraduate. My coursed lasted 15 months, instead of the scheduled 12 months, ending in November 2014. But, the problem is that my PGWP is valid only up to the end of January 2016. I have 2 letters from the university stating that the course was of 4 semesters’ duration, lasting 15 months. If I apply for PGWP extension with that letter, what are the chances of getting it? During the pendency of my application, I should be here on Implied Status. If, for any reason, they refuse to give me an extension, what are my options? Would it be better to take admission in an institution so that I can maintain status to stay in Canada? I have a job which meets the requirements for BC PNP. But, if I do not get extension, the job may be in jeopardy. Is it possible to apply for visitor visa from within Canada? Can anyone suggest what would be a better approach under these circumstances? Thank you.

jhonnygdr

Nov 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any replies for even few of the questions will be very highly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

Dversa

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Hi,before begin with the sugguestions my words and information wont be subject to any confirmations. Its is better to apply for an extension because that is the only suitable option open for you. You can safe your status by applying study permit but you will not get PGWP again once its issued. In the mean time please work very very very hard on finding LMIA.

Secondly, check with BCPNP are they still open for application or NOT.