+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application for canadian visa (PR) - child with mild autism

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
AOR - Aug 21, 2020
Medical transferred to CMAU - Oct 9, 2020
No updates after it.
Hi, did you have to call IRCC to know the change in status on Oct 9, 2020 that the file was moved to CMAU? Just trying to gauge my options here - we completed our upfront medicals in Nov 2020. But looks like we are in for a longer wait.

Osasume

Feb 19, 2020
I'm in a whatsapp group with all excessive demands codes not only autism specifically
Hi, I have a son who was diagnosed with mild autism, please can I be added to the group as I’m about to submit my application. Thanks so much.

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi, I have a son who was diagnosed with mild autism, please can I be added to the group as I’m about to submit my application. Thanks so much.
I've send you a private message since WhatsApp groups are not allowed to post.

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi, did you have to call IRCC to know the change in status on Oct 9, 2020 that the file was moved to CMAU? Just trying to gauge my options here - we completed our upfront medicals in Nov 2020. But looks like we are in for a longer wait.
You can call and ask or order GCMS notes.
And yes waiting will be longer for now.
Before covid it was 1-2 month.
Today looks like 6-9 month if you see previous posts here.

Reactions: VinothAJ

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,
Just a quick update.
I called IRCC today to see if something changed but unfortunately agent said that it is still in status "Ready to be assessed"

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I too called IRCC today and understood that no one touched my file since 22nd Dec.:(
Did you ask about the medical which status is it in ?
That's weird, By my calculation you should get a medical passed by the end of April ( 7 month since review started )

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I did ask and the answer I got is "still in progress".
Weird... They should mention what's the status exactly as they see the GCMS fully..
Well nothing to do, Just waiting...

Divagar06

Nov 25, 2020
I've send you a private message since WhatsApp groups are not allowed to post.
Hi Eithan, can you pls share the whatsup group details.. Finally I see a change in my profile - "Application/profile updated" first time.. Hope this is GU - seeing for the first in a year..
I did called IRCC a week back. call center person tried to escalate since no update more than 6 month as per process but she came back and say's that escalation process is stopped due to pandemic :(

Last edited:
Reactions: eithan203

Vivylavi05

Mar 1, 2021
Good day everyone, please kindly give us any idea of our situation should there is anyone has the same issue...

my spouse is in canada and already nominated under AINP..we already took the med exam on aug 2012.our 9 y/o son has mild autism..

on feb 2013, the immigration has required us to submit further med info in relation to my son's condition..we immediately complied to their requests and submitted the ff (i.e. psychologist report for iq level, school reports for his school standing/status).

on july 2013, the immigration replied and, required us to submit another requirements (medical condition, social services ,individualized plan, signed letter of ability and intent) in which we accomplished and immediately submitted to their office..

on oct 2013, they replied and sent us "procedural fairness" letter including submission of the ff (developmental pedia report, psycho test, school report, TB exam)..again, we immediately complied and submitted the results and reports of the said requests to the immigration office..

on jan 2014...the immigration replied and again, requiring the submission of documents same to july 2013 (medical condition, social services ,individualized plan, signed letter of ability and intent)..we complied and submitted these requirements

we are now waiting for their reply.. i would just like to know what will be the status of our application? what is the chances for its approval?
God bless and thank you in advance, for any feedback and updates.
Hi I am new here. I want to apply for provincial nomination how do I start thanks

AUG2020

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Quick update:
I received remedical request this morning for myself,my wife and my elder kid but didn't receive one for my autistic son. I called IRCC and the call center agent checked with Imm.officer and confirmed that remedical is not required for my son at this time.
waiting journey continues...!

Reactions: eithan203

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Eithan, can you pls share the whatsup group details.. Finally I see a change in my profile - "Application/profile updated" first time.. Hope this is GU - seeing for the first in a year..
I did called IRCC a week back. call center person tried to escalate since no update more than 6 month as per process but she came back and say's that escalation process is stopped due to pandemic :(
I'll send in private

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Quick update:
I received remedical request this morning for myself,my wife and my elder kid but didn't receive one for my autistic son. I called IRCC and the call center agent checked with Imm.officer and confirmed that remedical is not required for my son at this time.
waiting journey continues...!
Make sense, They will not ask for another medical that is in CMAU but they will ask for other family members...

I'm sorry that you need to go through this and hope that will be a good sign to finish your file process.

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Did the medicals passed ? or still in review ?