+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application for canadian visa (PR) - child with mild autism

CPA_3

Jun 17, 2020
Hello everyone. I am following this thread as well. I also have a son who’s on the spectrum. We are currently based in the UAE and we are looking to immigrate to Canada either through student pathway, AIPP, PNP, etc.

Praying you all get the approvals soon. Keep the faith

Last edited:

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello everyone. I am following this thread as well. I also have a son who’s on the spectrum. We are currently based in the UAE and we are looking to immigrate to Canada either through student pathway, AIPP, PNP, etc.

Praying you all get the approvals soon. Keep the faith
Good luck !
Long journey ahead.
Before COVID you can see by posts it will take 1-2 month.
Now no one knows..

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Dear friends,
For those who are still waiting I wish you all a good new year and hopefully a new beginning as a permeant resident at the start of the new year !
be patient, Our journey will be over soon.
Merry Christmas, Happy holidays and Happy New Year !

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Did anyone provide any additional documents such as calculation of expenses or any other except from the diagnosis ?
I fear that only providing the diagnosis is not enough and our file is just stuck.

eept

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Did anyone provide any additional documents such as calculation of expenses or any other except from the diagnosis ?
I fear that only providing the diagnosis is not enough and our file is just stuck.
Hi Eithan,

I think that would give a better picture / clarification on our case, but it may not be necessary due to the new rule. Also, I am not certain if that would speed up the process. They probably still have not returned to a full operation yet, and the officers working on medical exams are probably re-assigned to a different unit that needs more manpower, thus we could expect further delay on our end. It seems like ony a small percentage of applicants have pending medical tests.

We would have updates by now if it weren't for the pandemic. I hope that the Covid cases will drop down in the next coming months. Stay safe and healthy.

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hello Everyone.

Our 6yr old daughter was diagnosed moderately autistic when she was 2. I was nominated by Ontario in Aug 2020 and we completed our medicals on Nov 23 in Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, India.

We gave the panel physician the initial reports when she was diagnosed at 2 and also the latest from our therapist showcasing a considerable progress and how we are planning to continue online therapy. She is still non-verbal, lacks focus and has a lot of sensory issues. The physician initially requested us to get an assessment done by one of their own doctors but then immediately said, she'll upload our reports and let us know if there are additional questions from the review.

As expected, I received an additional info request email on Dec 3 from the Delhi Immigration Office (didn't know the first review happens here). The mail had no details on what they required, so we visited our panel physician again on Dec 5. To our surprise, the only 2 questions were - (1) Under what visa is the child moving to Canada (I was slightly perplexed at this query), and (2) What is the Province of Destination? The physician just advised us to write these details on an A4 sheet and she'll upload those again in eMedical. I mentioned she is my dependent and I'm a PNP-Outland applicant moving through Express Entry and since I have a nomination, the destination will be Ontario. They uploaded that file on Dec 7.

That's where we are at. I'm guessing the reason they asked that was to assess how are the facilities in the province we're heading to and what are their capabilities w.r.t. special kids. Nevertheless, I don't expect much progress until March given the province is under lockdown again. And are mentally prepared for any sort of outcome. I mean, we gave our best shot and hope things fall in place.

Good luck to everyone and our kids will do great!

Last edited:
Reactions: eithan203

TatianaAAG

Oct 29, 2020
Hi,
We did our medicals and we are still waiting for the officer to review it.
Our son is 4 years old and he have high functioning autism.

We moved here when he was 2 years old and we submitted additional medical document from his pediatrician to the medical clinic for the immigration medicals.
I don't think they will refuse it since they did some kind of policy back in 2018.
I'm worried about it too sometimes but I heard different case which a child that have schizophrenia and his family got passed.
Give your kid the best help and treatments, everything else is just not worth spending your nerves..
I will update as soon as I will have something.

Hi Eithan,

Did you already hear back on your son's medicals?! Any luck?
We still weren't able to take our medical exams because we are in strict lockdown since October, ugh... we're really hoping it will happen this month so we can start going through the process, because it seems like it might be a long one.

Wishing you luck!

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Eithan,

Did you already hear back on your son's medicals?! Any luck?
We still weren't able to take our medical exams because we are in strict lockdown since October, ugh... we're really hoping it will happen this month so we can start going through the process, because it seems like it might be a long one.

Wishing you luck!
Hi Tatiana,
No nothing yet...

I'm preparing now a report from our new pediatrician, Behavior consultant and daycare report to see if it will help to speed up their decision.
I'm not positive they will review his medical anytime soon since someone in this forum with the same situation is waiting since February 2019..
My recommendation do the medicals ASAP.
No one since February reported he passed his medical with Autism.
Wait time is very long.

Divagar06

Nov 25, 2020
This is fantastic news Eithan, hope we will get some update. We completed our medical Jan 31 2020 and AOR Feb 10. Yesterday received a reply for my web form stating my file is still in progress and no additional documents required. I also upload his 2020 IEP evaluation from his school and his ABA feedback reports. I will keep you guys posted if i get any update.

Last edited:

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
This is fantastic news Eithan, hope we will get some update. We completed our medical Jan 31 2020 and AOR Feb 10. Yesterday received a reply for my web form stating my file is still in progress and no additional documents required. I also upload his 2020 IEP evaluation from his school and his ABA feedback reports. I will keep you guys posted if i get any update.
Thanks for the update !
Hopefully you will receive an update soon !

Reactions: Divagar06

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Question.
Did you also send an additional letter from your pediatrician or only school and ABA ?

Divagar06

Nov 25, 2020
Question.
Did you also send an additional letter from your pediatrician or only school and ABA ?
School IEP and ABA for now. Last week his school county completed his psychologist evaluation, I will upload once I receive it. His pediatrician ready to provide the report if IRCC request one.

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
School IEP and ABA for now. Last week his school county completed his psychologist evaluation, I will upload once I receive it. His pediatrician ready to provide the report if IRCC request one.
Thank you for your reply.
I did upload today a daycare and ABA report.
Hopefully it will help to make them decide.

MappleLeaf1

Nov 19, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
20-06-2020
Hi Guys,
Just an FYI, Someone that did medicals in February 2020 with autism dependent got approved a few days ago from CMAU so seems like they are working :)
Eithan, Thanks for this info. Do you have any contact details of this person or forum in which he updated this info. Did you come across any other individuals who are in the same boat?