+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application for canadian visa (PR) - child with mild autism

AUG2020

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
In my GCMS notes " CEC Min Req: Appears Met Outstanding Documents (not requested): - (name of my son) DEP 1: MEDICAL -In progress Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete"
Yesterday, when I opened my CIC account, the status appears to be "application/profile updated", but when I opened it, I saw no changes. Then when I logged off and logged in again, the status went back to submitted.
So I believe they are now working on our application. I am praying to see results sooner.
Great News! You may get the latest update if you reach out to IRCC call centre now.

Reactions: jasmin-alladin

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
In my GCMS notes " CEC Min Req: Appears Met Outstanding Documents (not requested): - (name of my son) DEP 1: MEDICAL -In progress Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete"
Yesterday, when I opened my CIC account, the status appears to be "application/profile updated", but when I opened it, I saw no changes. Then when I logged off and logged in again, the status went back to submitted.
So I believe they are now working on our application. I am praying to see results sooner.
Looks like an officer reviewed your file.
Hopefully you will see an update very soon !
Keep us posted ! :)

Reactions: jasmin-alladin

Ln2000

Feb 21, 2021
No need to worry about ASD, ADHD, CP ETC. law has been changed and there is a big big big financial caution available to accommodate applicants with special kids.
Hi,

My son is almost 4 years old and has moderate autism (level II). I'm concerned because I am about to apply for our PR but not sure if the law change in Dec 2018 is not enough for my son because ABA therapy is expensive and I am not sure if ABA therapy is excluded from the type of costs that count for the CAD 20,000 limits. Can someone help me, please?

Thank you in advance

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Hi,

My son is almost 4 years old and has moderate autism (level II). I'm concerned because I am about to apply for our PR but not sure if the law change in Dec 2018 is not enough for my son because ABA therapy is expensive and I am not sure if ABA therapy is excluded from the type of costs that count for the CAD 20,000 limits. Can someone help me, please?

Thank you in advance
Section 1: Services for which costs will be included to determine if an applicant meets the eligibility criteria and conditions under the public policy
Health services:

• Physician services
  • Nursing services
  • laboratory and diagnostic services
  • pharmaceuticals and pharmaceutical services
  • hospital services
  • chemotherapy and radiotherapy
  • dialysis
  • psychiatric services
  • supplies related to these services
Social services:
  • Social services closely related to health services:
    • Social services that are provided by a health professional:
      • home care (by a nurse, physiotherapist, respiratory therapist, etc.),
      • palliative care,
      • psychological counseling and
      • the provision of devices related to those services.
    • Medical aids, appliances, and prostheses.
  • Social services that provide constant supervision and care for those who are not able to integrate into society
    • Residential facilities (long-term care, substance abuse services, etc.)
    • Day facilities providing constant supervision (respite care, etc.)
Section 2: Social services for which costs will not be included to determine if an applicant meets the eligibility criteria and conditions under the public policy
  • special education services (preparation of an individualized education plan, educational assistants, etc.)
  • social and vocational rehabilitation services (rehabilitation facilities, occupational therapy, behavioural therapy, speech-language therapy, etc.)
  • personal non-professional support services means services such as assistance with activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, feeding, etc.), meal preparation, house cleaning, etc.
  • provision of devices related to those services.
From: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/excessive-demand-june-2018.html

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Any progress on anyone’s file?
No one touched my file since 22nd December
Nope. Today is exactly 3 months we completed our medicals. Got an additional info email for daughter's medicals a week after that but nothing since then. There are folks here who have been waiting longer than me. Just a waiting game I guess.

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Any progress on anyone’s file?
No one touched my file since 22nd December
Nothing yet... I ordered another GCMS notes to see if it still "Ready for review" or did it change.
Did our medicals on June 9 2020, Was send to further review to CMAU on November 5 2020

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nope. Today is exactly 3 months we completed our medicals. Got an additional info email for daughter's medicals a week after that but nothing since then. There are folks here who have been waiting longer than me. Just a waiting game I guess.
What did they ask for ?

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
What did they ask for ?
It was very weird actually. The questions were - (1) Under what Visa is she moving under? and (2) Whats her destination?

I could understand the second as they will evaluate the province's capabilities with respect to special kids (I got nomination from Ontario). We consulted with our physician for the first question and she was equally perplexed. She suggested I write down what I wanted to on an A4 sheet which I did - that she is my dependent who is 5 years old and we'll be moving in as PRs once all the approvals are in. Our physician uploaded that into the eMedical in a couple of days. No updates after that.

Reactions: eithan203

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
It was very weird actually. The questions were - (1) Under what Visa is she moving under? and (2) Whats her destination?

I could understand the second as they will evaluate the province's capabilities with respect to special kids (I got nomination from Ontario). We consulted with our physician for the first question and she was equally perplexed. She suggested I write down what I wanted to on an A4 sheet which I did - that she is my dependent who is 5 years old and we'll be moving in as PRs once all the approvals are in. Our physician uploaded that into the eMedical in a couple of days. No updates after that.
Thank you for letting me know
Weird that they ask for something like that, She is 5 and she is with you so Why do they need to know which visa and where ? Weird... Is someone outland ?

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Thank you for letting me know
Weird that they ask for something like that, She is 5 and she is with you so Why do they need to know which visa and where ? Weird... Is someone outland ?
I'm an Outland applicant (Bangalore, India) and the email was from the Delhi Immigration office. I tried my level best to understand the thought process behind that question. But its confusing to this date.

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I'm an Outland applicant (Bangalore, India) and the email was from the Delhi Immigration office. I tried my level best to understand the thought process behind that question. But its confusing to this date.
Got it.
Well no option than waiting, Only thing you can learn is when your medical went for a review.
Some send their medicals in February but only went for review on July-August