+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Shore1

May 23, 2021
Hi Everyone

I'm preparing my application for Citizenship to be submitted soon online

I have concern regarding the passport photo pages needs to be submitted now or earlier when asked. Since the online application have not mentioned to be submitted.

Also the online physical presence when I filled no place to write my name on

Also any advice or mistakes to avoid returning the application.
I have concern regarding the passport photo pages needs to be submitted now or earlier when asked. Since the online application have not mentioned to be submitted.
The passport biographical page/s (with name, photo, etc.) need to be submitted with the online application. If you're talking about the photocopy of the passport, in my opinion it is a good idea to scan and upload, all pages of all passports in your eligibility period, in the additional documents section.

You can save the PDF of the physical presence calculator using your name and upload it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Everyone

I'm preparing my application for Citizenship to be submitted soon online

Also any advice or mistakes to avoid returning the application.
It is best to submit all pages since most applicants are being asked for it anyway at a later point in time.

bunnienie88

Nov 5, 2018
Either should be fine.
Thank you! Under the signature of applicant section there is this "I agree to advise IRCC if any information in the form changes before I take the oath of citizenship". I am currently not working and most likely will be employed before the oath taking. Is it still necessary to inform IRCC about it?

Anyone experienced that?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you! Under the signature of applicant section there is this "I agree to advise IRCC if any information in the form changes before I take the oath of citizenship". I am currently not working and most likely will be employed before the oath taking. Is it still necessary to inform IRCC about it?

Anyone experienced that?

Thanks
I don't think that's what they're looking for. If you get arrested or you somehow become ineligible for citizenship, you'd have to let IRCC know. You don't have to report job changes to IRCC unless they specifically ask you for it.

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi Guys,

i am applying for Citizenship this month.
Landed April 2018 - completed almost 3.6 yrs...
Question - I am applying for Spouse, kid and myself...can i apply online or i only have the option of sending physical package ?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Guys,

i am applying for Citizenship this month.
Landed April 2018 - completed almost 3.6 yrs...
Question - I am applying for Spouse, kid and myself...can i apply online or i only have the option of sending physical package ?

Thanks in Advance.
You can apply online - but it will be individual applications. Their last press release on online applications does mention that they will support group applications 'later this year' - so you could either wait or apply as individuals online or apply as a group via the physical channel.

gagzzz

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
You can apply online - but it will be individual applications. Their last press release on online applications does mention that they will support group applications 'later this year' - so you could either wait or apply as individuals online or apply as a group via the physical channel.
thank you for responding.
Followup - I guess application for Minor is not processing online, and i heard 1 file for family is better. However not sure if there is a difference in turn around time online vs paper

AlexandraO

Jul 8, 2016
one more question please about what marital status to enter. the answer is kind of obvious but I would like to double check.
So, we are divorcing with my husband in BC Canada. we have NOT received yet our final order of divorce, but we did state in the divorcing documents that we have been separated for more than 1 year. so this is what should I enter in marital status "Separated" not married, correct?

Dosdiosas07

Oct 3, 2021
Question on Part 4 regarding copies of biographical pages of passport. My husband has 5 passports and we were wondering if we have to send out copies of blank pages as well? Or just pages with entry stamps and the very first pages (DOB etc.)
Thank you in advance.

thank you for responding.
Followup - I guess application for Minor is not processing online, and i heard 1 file for family is better. However not sure if there is a difference in turn around time online vs paper
Agreed.

The turnaround time between both channels is very similar.

Hi.
can somebody advised whether its better to apply as paper based application or online?
thanks
Online is the way to go since it's paperless (so no mailing documents, etc.) and efficient. But only individual applicants can apply online (as of yet) - so if one has to apply as a family, then applying on paper is the only possibility (as of yet). Processing timelines between both channels are very similar (so that should not be used as a deciding factor).

Reactions: AlexandraO

Nlehal

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Hi everyone I have a question my wife is going to apply for her citizenship next week.
we got married last year and she wants to do a name change so I am wondering could she do it before applying for the citizenship or she can change her last name on the citizenship application????

johnpye

Feb 12, 2018
Hi all

I have a question about the physical presence calculator.

I am getting ready to submit my application, and I am inputting my dates spent outside Canada and i am doing this whilst still absent from Canada. However the on calculator you must enter a date you returned. How should I proceed as I won't be returning to Canada before applying?

Is it just to change the eligibility dates?