+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Sud Malhotra

Sep 21, 2021
I applied for Citizenship in April 2021. In June I got the AOR and on Sept 20, 2021, I have got the notification that the Background check is completed and is in Green. Form now on how long it takes more to complete other steps to get the test notification.

Micheal737373

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

Please i need clarification just going through my COPR document received today wondering if this will affect me for citizenship or anything. The passport number mentioned is my old passport which expires next year may but I got it renewed and sent to cic but apparently they never updated it. Will this pose a problem for my in any way, or do I need to update it to current passport number. I currently reside in Canada. And I have both old and new passport with me

wink

May 25, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please i need clarification just going through my COPR document received today wondering if this will affect me for citizenship or anything. The passport number mentioned is my old passport which expires next year may but I got it renewed and sent to cic but apparently they never updated it. Will this pose a problem for my in any way, or do I need to update it to current passport number. I currently reside in Canada. And I have both old and new passport with me
No, it would not affect in anyway. Passports expire all the time as immigration processes take long time. Does not mater old or new, as long as the passport mentioned belongs to you, you should be good. Just my opinion.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Micheal737373

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
No, it would not affect in anyway. Passports expire all the time as immigration processes take long time. Does not mater old or new, as long as the passport mentioned belongs to you, you should be good. Just my opinion.
Thank you so much I thought so too. I appreciate your response

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Hi friends!

For the following questions; is it advisable to leave the space blank or fill with N/A?

1. Prohibitions Question - Provide details in the large box, if replied 'Yes' - when you've answered NO to every question - does one write N/A in that large box or simply leave it blank?

2. Alternate phone number - if you don't want to provide an alternate number? Leave space blank or put N/A in the phone number box?

3. Have you ever used another number? - when your answer is no - do you leave the space blank or wrote N/A?

4. What do you do about extra box rows, that get added, without you doing it and then cannot be deleted? Do you leave these blank as is or go about writing N/A in each of these extra boxes?

5. For a 'homemaker' applicant - how do you fill the Name of Employer - Write N/A or leave blank?

6. What about the blank box for Apt/Unit number when there is no Apt. number, only street address?

Thank you!

LifeRacer

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Hi,
Could anyone edit the spreadsheet with my updated information as below, Thanks!

ID: LifeRacer
Family 3
AOR: 2021-09-17
In progress: 2021-09-20

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi friends!

For the following questions; is it advisable to leave the space blank or fill with N/A?

1. Prohibitions Question - Provide details in the large box, if replied 'Yes' - when you've answered NO to every question - does one write N/A in that large box or simply leave it blank?

2. Alternate phone number - if you don't want to provide an alternate number? Leave space blank or put N/A in the phone number box?

3. Have you ever used another number? - when your answer is no - do you leave the space blank or wrote N/A?

4. What do you do about extra box rows, that get added, without you doing it and then cannot be deleted? Do you leave these blank as is or go about writing N/A in each of these extra boxes?

5. For a 'homemaker' applicant - how do you fill the Name of Employer - Write N/A or leave blank?

6. What about the blank box for Apt/Unit number when there is no Apt. number, only street address?

Thank you!
1. I wrote N/A there, just to be safe.
2. You can leave it blank IMO.
3. Another number or name? If name, you can leave it blank IMO.
4. I wrote one large N/A in that box after printing the application. However, leaving them blank as long as you have at least one entry in the table should work too.
5. Write N/A
6. You can leave it blank IMO.

Reactions: Rutherfords

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
1. I wrote N/A there, just to be safe.
2. You can leave it blank IMO.
3. Another number or name? If name, you can leave it blank IMO.
4. I wrote one large N/A in that box after printing the application. However, leaving them blank as long as you have at least one entry in the table should work too.
5. Write N/A
6. You can leave it blank IMO.
Thank you so much! :)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

bunnienie88

Nov 5, 2018
Hi. If application date on the application form and calculator form says Sept 30 2021, do you also mail your application on that same day? Or can be 1 day before or after Sept 30? Thanks.

bunnienie88

Nov 5, 2018
Also for q11, what you have been doing during the five (5) year eligibility period.
I recently resigned from my job and it's been 4 months already. During those times, I was taking care of the household but at the same time looking out for a job. I'm confused if I shall put homemaker or unemployed? Please what you can advice. Thank you!

Emad85

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi Everyone

I'm preparing my application for Citizenship to be submitted soon online

I have concern regarding the passport photo pages needs to be submitted now or earlier when asked. Since the online application have not mentioned to be submitted.

Also the online physical presence when I filled no place to write my name on

Also any advice or mistakes to avoid returning the application.