+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

stepover

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
So spouse changed name after marriage but in home country well before she became a PR, i.e no name change while in Canada. Do we need to include Change of Name documents in our application? This is in reference to Question 5.

Here is the extract from the Application Guide
If you have legally changed your name outside Canada and are residing in Canada
Then you must provide a copy of the following documents:

• A foreign passport or other national authoritative documentation amended to reflect the new name;
  • A foreign name change document that links your previous name to your new name, such as a foreign marriage certificate (with an official translation); and
  • A document in the new name from Canadian provinces or territories (ex. driver's licence, health card, age of majority card, senior citizen’s identification card, or social service card)

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Update to the story: I've requested for transcripts from the institutes and will ask IRCC to attach those to the application via the web form once I get them (the universities will add the medium details in them). I should be able to do this in the next few days, so hopefully the application will not get returned.

Hmmm that's interesting... I'd be surprised to see CIC refuse a degree/diploma document with the name of the program you studied showing on the document in English or French. For example, a degree in Business Administration which states that, and doesn't need any translation because it's in English. I don't have all the answers, but I haven't seen anyone else on the forum (so far) have their application returned in this specific circumstance. I saw one person who submitted their degree, but it wasn't in English and they submitted the translation document but forgot to include the degree. Please let me know the outcome, we've submitted our degrees from the US universities we've attended, and can provide transcripts if necessary as well. Thanks!

PS - see this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof.html

Last edited:
Reactions: 8494193

stepover

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Question 11, do I need to include the 1-day work (stacking boxes) I did some weeks after landing?. I got a T4 for it.

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Hello @rajkamalmohanram

I have a question regarding escalating citizenship process.
I am required to travel outside Canada to attend events as part of the job in 4 months. My employer is a big corporate company.

So is this a good reason to speed the process? If I can get relevant letters from management, will it suffice the needs?
Applying visa is a long process and chances are high as well they might reject due to covid situation.

Let me know what do you think

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello @rajkamalmohanram

I have a question regarding escalating citizenship process.
I am required to travel outside Canada to attend events as part of the job in 4 months. My employer is a big corporate company.

So is this a good reason to speed the process? If I can get relevant letters from management, will it suffice the needs?
Applying visa is a long process and chances are high as well they might reject due to covid situation.

Let me know what do you think
UP approvals involve a LOT of discretion. You can go ahead and provide all documentation and a detailed letter explaining the need for urgent processing. Whether they approve or not is up to them.

Send the request and all supporting documents via webform.

Good luck!

Reactions: Troy2245

LifeRacer

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Hi all,
How can we check the status of application after receiving AOR? Tried linking my paper application online but somehow the application# shows incorrect despite updating it correctly!
Please advice…
Thanks!

mainak.g

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Simple question to all. Here's my status below and wanted to determine when will I be eligible to apply for citizenship.

1. Entered Canada in May 2014 as an international student
2. Received work permit in June 2016
3. Became PR in November 2019
4. Worked different jobs without any gap (continuing)
4. Left country 3 times (2 to 3 weeks to India, each trip)

Hope this helps. Thanks for your response in advance.

mina_monmon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

Please anyone here advice me what should I do or to whom should i refer as I have been waiting my Fingerprint Certificate almost 2 months and i didn't receive yet ?

Thanks in advance.