+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Shore1

May 23, 2021
Hello I have a few questions about the online application:
1. For the scanned photo, do we only need to upload the front side?
2. Do they not want scans of passport/s eligible in the last 5 years? I know the instruction guide says colour photocopies are required for the mail application.

Shore1

May 23, 2021
Hello, one more question. Someone here mentioned the name of a Certified translator for stamps on the passport. Can anyone please share the name again? I have tried searching in the previous pages but I can't locate. Thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello I have a few questions about the online application:
1. For the scanned photo, do we only need to upload the front side?
2. Do they not want scans of passport/s eligible in the last 5 years? I know the instruction guide says colour photocopies are required for the mail application.
1. Not required AFAIK.
2. Since most applicants are now getting this request, it would make sense to upload all pages along with your application including translations.

Shore1

May 23, 2021
I have 2 more questions:
1. If we had a visit visa (tourist) but we did not travel to that country, would we still include this visa status (visitor) in the question about History of immigration and citizenship status?
2. What if there is a mistake or incomplete documents and they ask us to send documents or resubmit the case due to incomplete documents, do we need to pay the fee again when we send the documents or resubmit the case?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have 2 more questions:
1. If we had a visit visa (tourist) but we did not travel to that country, would we still include this visa status (visitor) in the question about History of immigration and citizenship status?
2. What if there is a mistake or incomplete documents and they ask us to send documents or resubmit the case due to incomplete documents, do we need to pay the fee again when we send the documents or resubmit the case?
1. I would recommend that you provide the details of all the visas on your PP.
2. If your application is returned as incomplete, you can use the same fee receipt and submit the application again after correcting the mistakes. You will not pay the fee a second time.

Also, do we need a certified copy OR a notarized copy of the translation of the passport stamp?
Get a certified translation => Docsbase - Certified translation

Reactions: Shore1

Shore1

May 23, 2021
1. I would recommend that you provide the details of all the visas on your PP.
2. If your application is returned as incomplete, you can use the same fee receipt and submit the application again after correcting the mistakes. You will not pay the fee a second time.

Get a certified translation => Docsbase - Certified translation
Thank you for always responding so quickly!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys I am planning for this Augus I am applying for 2 daughter
1.one started school last year and so what are educational doc I need to submit ,
2. i have my daughter report card in my mail without the teacher or principal sign is that ok
3.if report card is not ok how to get student index card
Hello adolfbuddha, Not sure if you got answered, I got my AOR and what I submitted for my kids were the School report cards (they aren't signed), Immunization reports downloaded from online, Health Card, PR card and extra copy of passport. BTW my kids school denied giving me the index card or a letter confirmation which was kind of weird.

Physical presence question: do we have to list any travel prior to becoming a permanent resident if it falls in the 5-year window? (never been to Canada prior to landing for PR). I would assume NO since it says "Please list all your absences outside Canada" which implies one left Canada (i.e. Canada was the origin of travel). Is that correct?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Physical presence question: do we have to list any travel prior to becoming a permanent resident if it falls in the 5-year window? (never been to Canada prior to landing for PR). I would assume NO since it says "Please list all your absences outside Canada" which implies one left Canada (i.e. Canada was the origin of travel). Is that correct?
Any absences from Canada before you became a Permanent Resident should be listed. For example, if you were a student or a worker before and you left Canada within the past 5 years, you should mention that in the physical presence calculator.

Reactions: 8494193

Any absences from Canada before you became a Permanent Resident should be listed. For example, if you were a student or a worker before and you left Canada within the past 5 years, you should mention that in the physical presence calculator.
thanks. But I had never been to Canada in any capacity prior to landing for PR.

similar to:https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/question-about-listing-absence-in-the-physical-presence-calculator-had-not-lived-in-canada-prior-to-becoming-pr.736445/

Per that thread, I don’t need to list anything prior to becoming a PR (sorry for asking again! I just found that thread right now). Is that still a valid understanding?