+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

vickyy

Nov 7, 2015
For Q11, I had about 4 month that I was unemployed, I was visiting home country and did some traveling in other country. So for occupation section I will write ‘unemployed’ for sure, but Name and Address what should I put?

Before I left Canada for this 4 months, I moved to my dads house from my rental apt, but I didn’t really change the address on my driver license at that time since I know I will move out again after my trips. If I can put my dads address, is it okay that I never really changed my DL address to my dads?

Thanks for reply

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
For Q11, I had about 4 month that I was unemployed, I was visiting home country and did some traveling in other country. So for occupation section I will write ‘unemployed’ for sure, but Name and Address what should I put?

Before I left Canada for this 4 months, I moved to my dads house from my rental apt, but I didn’t really change the address on my driver license at that time since I know I will move out again after my trips. If I can put my dads address, is it okay that I never really changed my DL address to my dads?

Thanks for reply
your driver's licence address history has nothing to do with your citizenship application. You can mention your rental address and your father's appt address on your application as I don't believe you will have any issues

itzzamit

Mar 2, 2015
Hi All,
Need a quick clarification about the right response to the question on the application.
Appreciate your suggestions.
In Q-13 ---Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?
1.Is it when I got my first passport
2. Is it the DOB?
3.Is it about the date of renewing my current passport?

I hold an Indian passport since 2010 and had it renewed in Toronto in June of 2019.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi All,
Need a quick clarification about the right response to the question on the application.
Appreciate your suggestions.
In Q-13 ---Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?
1.Is it when I got my first passport
2. Is it the DOB?
3.Is it about the date of renewing my current passport?

I hold an Indian passport since 2010 and had it renewed in Toronto in June of 2019.
your DOB

Reactions: expressimmigrant

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Hi,

As per CIC website below is required as a proof of language:

You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad, including:
  • A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
  • If the original document is in a different language, include:
    • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with (including an official translation of the original document, if needed)
    • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution
My question is, do I need to send the original degree or diploma with Citizen application? If yes then when will CIC return the original degree? More over the language of instruction is not mentioned on the degree so I need to provide the letter from university as well. Can any body confirm if he has submitted letter from Agricultural University Faisalabad Pakistan and that has been accepted.

Thank you.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi,

As per CIC website below is required as a proof of language:

You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad, including:
  • A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
  • If the original document is in a different language, include:
    • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with (including an official translation of the original document, if needed)
    • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution
My question is, do I need to send the original degree or diploma with Citizen application? If yes then when will CIC return the original degree? More over the language of instruction is not mentioned on the degree so I need to provide the letter from university as well. Can any body confirm if he has submitted letter from Agricultural University Faisalabad Pakistan and that has been accepted.

Thank you.
As long as your degree or transcripts explicitly state or you have a letter from university stating that this course was taught in English, its good to go otherwise you need to give english language test.

vickyy

Nov 7, 2015
your driver's licence address history has nothing to do with your citizenship application. You can mention your rental address and your father's appt address on your application as I don't believe you will have any issues
but for address section,should I just put my father‘s address?

mfahadjalil

Aug 19, 2014
First of all, Thanks rajkamalmohanram for a great thread.
I have a question regarding employment history. What should I mention about the employer as I worked to several companies through a Recruitment Agencies.

For example:
I was employed in ABC company and worked in the following companies on contract:
XYZ company Sept-2017 to Sep-2018
123 company Oct-2018 to Feb-2019

I am assuming I should mention ABC company name with duration Sept-2017 to Feb-2019. Please advice?

Thanks in Advance!

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
First of all, Thanks rajkamalmohanram for a great thread.
I have a question regarding employment history. What should I mention about the employer as I worked to several companies through a Recruitment Agencies.

For example:
I was employed in ABC company and worked in the following companies on contract:
XYZ company Sept-2017 to Sep-2018
123 company Oct-2018 to Feb-2019

I am assuming I should mention ABC company name with duration Sept-2017 to Feb-2019. Please advice?

Thanks in Advance!
Your recruitment agency is the one to issue you T4 and salary slips so agency name goes under your employment history

mfahadjalil

Aug 19, 2014
Thanks Rafzy, I got another question. When I landed, I stayed in Airbnb accomodation for a month but provided UPS mailbox address to CIC to get PR card (due to the uncertainity of the mailing address in initial days). I have reciept for Airbnb. What should I enter in address history for that month? Thanks in advance!

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
Dear @rajkamalmohanram thank you again for creating this thread. May I kindly ask you to add one more detail to Question 15a?As I read the forum quite a lot of questions were about if people need to select 'No' for the question about LINC and CLIC courses. Some even left it unchecked and realized later.

So can we please add that if someone has a degree which is equivalent to language proof or CELPIP General or CELPIP L-S certificate they still have to answer LINC and CLIC course as 'NO'

thank you for giving it a thought.
Much appreciated!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Dear @rajkamalmohanram thank you again for creating this thread. May I kindly ask you to add one more detail to Question 15a?As I read the forum quite a lot of questions were about if people need to select 'No' for the question about LINC and CLIC courses. Some even left it unchecked and realized later.

So can we please add that if someone has a degree which is equivalent to language proof or CELPIP General or CELPIP L-S certificate they still have to answer LINC and CLIC course as 'NO'

thank you for giving it a thought.
Much appreciated!
Hello, that's a good point. Thanks for bringing it up. However, there is no way for me to edit the post because it was written all the way back in May.