+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

nila001

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have two questions:
1) What is the email ID the AOR comes from?
2) What is meant by "in process ecas" in the tracking sheet?

Thanks in advance

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have two questions:
1) What is the email ID the AOR comes from?
2) What is meant by "in process ecas" in the tracking sheet?

Thanks in advance
1. Not sure. Just add *.cic.gc.ca to your email filter and configure the filter to mark these emails as important.
2. ECAS = Electronic Client Application Status (I think...) => This is where you check the status of your application. 'In Process' means exactly that - The application is being processed (after AOR).

Google ECAS CIC and its the first link but here it is => https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

Reactions: nila001

nila001

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
1. Not sure. Just add *.cic.gc.ca to your email filter and configure the filter to mark these emails as important.
2. ECAS = Electronic Client Application Status (I think...) => This is where you check the status of your application. 'In Process' means exactly that - The application is being processed (after AOR).

Google ECAS CIC and its the first link but here it is => https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas
Thank you very much!
So ECAS gets activated few days after AOR comes right?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Sent my Family application package on 21-Sep 2020 and it was delivered on 24- Sep 2020
Hello, please also mention the following :

# of days physically present in Canada
City where you live

I have added you to the sheet. Once you provide this information, myself or someone else will update it.

Last edited:

trv_237

Sep 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent-04-11-2016, Received- 07-11-2016
AOR Received.
SA-Nov 30th, AOR2- 19th December-2016
Hi Guys,
This is awesome thread for helping out all citizenship applicants. I am filling my application form for Citizenship. I have few questions regarding this application process:
1. I have received PR in Feb 2015, before that I was on student visa at U of Alberta as a phd student. Completed my studies in May 2017. I plan to sign my application on Sept /October. So just wanted to confirm with you experienced guys: my eligibility period should be from Sept/oct 2015 to Sept/Oct 2020? should I enter my out of Canada days during these 5 years?

2. In an application form they have asked : During your 5 year eligibility period did you have temporary resident or protected person status in Canada before becoming PR. So my eligibility period sept 2015-Sep/Oct 2020. I have confusion there whether i should answer yes or no? Because i was student during sept 2015 but on PR status.

Can you please help to clear my confusions ..

Thanks in advacne

expressimmigrant

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hi Guys,
This is awesome thread for helping out all citizenship applicants. I am filling my application form for Citizenship. I have few questions regarding this application process:
1. I have received PR in Feb 2015, before that I was on student visa at U of Alberta as a phd student. Completed my studies in May 2017. I plan to sign my application on Sept /October. So just wanted to confirm with you experienced guys: my eligibility period should be from Sept/oct 2015 to Sept/Oct 2020? should I enter my out of Canada days during these 5 years?

2. In an application form they have asked : During your 5 year eligibility period did you have temporary resident or protected person status in Canada before becoming PR. So my eligibility period sept 2015-Sep/Oct 2020. I have confusion there whether i should answer yes or no? Because i was student during sept 2015 but on PR status.

Can you please help to clear my confusions ..

Thanks in advacne
1. Yes you should include all days that you were out of Canada. you can use the physical presence calculator
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do?lang=en

2.As per your statement, you have been PR at the start date of the 5 year eligibility period.

Stating that you were a student during part of that eligibility period to be included in section 11 of the application

"Tell us what you have been doing during your five year eligibility period."
As per your statement, you stated that during the full five year eligibility period you have not been on temporary status and you are not counting any days on a temporary status. Use the Physical presence Calculator to make sure that this is the case.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Just wanted to confirm... hubby has been here since 2013, granted PR in Dec 2017, he can apply for citizenship in Dec 2020?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Just wanted to confirm... hubby has been here since 2013, granted PR in Dec 2017, he can apply for citizenship in Dec 2020?
He can apply even now as 1 year from his temporary residence status will be counted towards the citizenship period. Why wait till December

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am seeing other threads here where people are saying the ones who applied early 20’ have not got AOR until now is because they sent the docs to the PO Box address instead of courier.

Not sure how far this is true and IMO should not have any bearing on the application delays.

If anyone knows any applicant who applied to the PO Box address and got AOR recently your input is appreciated.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
hi guys im posting this here as well as im slightly worried.

I applied for my PR back in 2017 through a lawyer and was just looking at the application today as i was preparing my citizenship application.

Under Canadian address history they put from 2015-02-15 till 2016-06-15. In actually fact i was only there until 2015-12-01 before moving onto the next address.

Now for my citizenship application i have to include past 5 years address history so there will be a discrepancy.

Should i ignore it as it is non material or should in include a letter of explanation saying address was mistakenly put wrong at time of PR application?

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
Wow this is such a useful post! Thank you so much for creating this on your own time without any expected reward. This is more than pay it forward :)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram