+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
If I am studying full time online, should I write my home address at the "Address of the place of study" or should I wright both - the address of the educational institution from my Relevé des apprentissages and my home address ? (The educational institution is located in another city of my province)
the application form is clear on this.
Address of the place of employment, study or other activity.

AvaMari

Apr 22, 2020
the application form is clear on this.
Address of the place of employment, study or other activity.
Sorry, I don't understand, Have you read my question?

I should wright my home address or address of the educational institution in another city from where there is an online translation. (I've never been to that city!) I am receiving Quebec bursary as a full time student and I spend 4-5 hours every day 5 days a week in online class. So my question is what address should I write.
I am studying for more than a year, it's my only activity.

Please, answer without a quotation this time. Thank you.

Last edited:

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Sorry, I don't understand, Have you read my question?

I should wright my home address or address of the educational institution in another city from where there is an online translation. (I've never been to that city!) I am receiving Quebec bursary as a full time student and I spend 4-5 hours every day 5 days a week in online class. So my question is what address should I write.
I am studying for more than a year, it's my only activity.

Please, answer without a quotation this time. Thank you.
My answer still the same, let say you are working from home and your employer is located in different city which address would you use? I will still use my employer's address as requested in the application form. You should write your school's address even if your courses are online. Even if you are taking your courses online I believe you are register with the school and they can confirm you are one of its student if the question is asked. In my understanding to that question IRCC want to know the physical address of your school or employer. You can still add an explanation letter saying that your classes are online. Keep in mind the question here is not about your address but your school or employer address.
Hope this help .

Last edited:

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
I just wanted to clarify something quickly for Q11 on the form in terms of "what you have been doing during the eligibility period". Is it fine if you have an overlap of multiple activities. As an example:

2015-06 to Current Homemaker
2018-05 to Current Self-employed

As you can see the above has a several years of overlap. Just want to make sure the overlap of timings is not an issue and you can include multiple activities for the same time period.

2plus2into2

Jul 17, 2020
I have recently applied my citizenship(a week ago). My passport is expiring in 6 months. Should i have to wait for my AOR(application number) to update my new passport details? or Is there a way to update this information without application number?

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
I have recently applied my citizenship(a week ago). My passport is expiring in 6 months. Should i have to wait for my AOR(application number) to update my new passport details? or Is there a way to update this information without application number?
I believe there is no way for them to update until the application is in the system. Once you have an AOR you can update them through the webform with the new passport and they can then update your file.

If you send it now, you will likely receive the response after a few weeks that they are unable to find your file in their system.

Jul 17, 2020
Hello All,
I had a question which I wanted some help on. I have a job offer from an US company in the US. I would need my Canadian passport to be able to work inn USA wihtout a H1B visa. I am about to submit my application for Canadian citizenship. I wanted to know that if I have a valid job offer from the US - Can I be eligible for "Urgent Processing".
Thanks,
P

diogosouza

Star Member
May 23, 2017
I noticed the process time is very quick for some people and very slow for others. Any reason for that? What kind of application get processed faster?

Apr 5, 2017
Hello!
I have a query regarding Question 9B of application CIT-0002e.
My eligibility period is 07/2015 to 07/2020.
I came to canada in 9/2015 as visitor and stayed on in that status till I became a Permanent resident in 09/2017
What date should I mention as the "date when the status was obtained" -
1) Actual date when I got my visitor Visa ie 10/2014
2) Date when I came to Canada as a visitor ie 9/2015

Dr.Raj91

Jun 26, 2014
chennai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
IELTS Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
Dear all,
In physical presence calculation, If we have traveled to more than one country in a single trip, can we just mention the first country traveled? Or do we have to mention all the countries we have traveled?
Thank you all in advance!

Last edited:

Dr.Raj91

Jun 26, 2014
chennai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
IELTS Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
Hello!
I have a query regarding Question 9B of application CIT-0002e.
My eligibility period is 07/2015 to 07/2020.
I came to canada in 9/2015 as visitor and stayed on in that status till I became a Permanent resident in 09/2017
What date should I mention as the "date when the status was obtained" -
1) Actual date when I got my visitor Visa ie 10/2014
2) Date when I came to Canada as a visitor ie 9/2015
I'm pretty positive that it should be the date you have obtained your status and not the date you arrive in Canada!

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Dear all,
In physical presence calculation, If we have traveled to more than one country in a single trip, can we just mention the first country traveled? Or do we have to mention all the countries we have traveled?
Thank you all in advance!
I believe the instructions are very clear on this. Enter the first country in destination and the remaining countries in the reason box. You should see these instructions on the calculator.

Reactions: Dr.Raj91

Ranamasud1985

Sep 17, 2016
Hi All, This is Masud here. Hope everyone is doing well. By the way, i sent out my single Citizenship Application package from scarborouh, Ontario on July 20th 2020 & it was delivered on 23rd July 2020. Now, i am waiting for AOR.
I like to request to admin to add me in this group. I like thered so much.

Thanks & stay safe and healthy. Bye.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hi All, This is Masud here. Hope everyone is doing well. By the way, i sent out my single Citizenship Application package from scarborouh, Ontario on July 20th 2020 & it was delivered on 23rd July 2020. Now, i am waiting for AOR.
I like to request to admin to add me in this group. I like thered so much.

Thanks & stay safe and healthy. Bye.
join here
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2020-citizenship-application.692123/

Dr.Raj91

Jun 26, 2014
chennai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
IELTS Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
HELP NEEDED
DEAR ALL,
While filling work experience, unemployment column is it okay to overlap months?
I HAVE MULTIPLE JOBS, SO THE DATES ARE OVERLAPPING. please help me out.
THANKS