+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello my wife is eligible to apply for citizenship but for she has done her CLB assessment test and got a certificate from there to go to LINC class but she never did go to any English class. Can we use that assessment certificate from Language assessment centre we got and apply for the citizenship .
she has got 4 ,4 , 5 ,5 on her assessment certificate.

Please suggest.
Thank you guys

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
n.​
  • Note 1: If you crossed an international border and returned to Canada the same day, it counts as being physically present in Canada.
    • For instance, traveling to US in the morning for shopping and returning to Canada the same evening – this day does count towards physical presence.
    • It is important to note that you MUST STILL DISCLOSE these trips in your physical presence calculator.
I once get into the airport in Montreal and did not get on the plane and had to go through passport control into Canada. Should I declare it as well? Kinda confused here.

Ladymarie

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Eg: If you traveled to X country for 4 months. During those 4 months. You traveled to Y and Z. Mention Y and Z and their time period under the details.
Hi, please I need your help around police certificate for my kid. He spent 250 days outside Canada after landing as PR. For most of the 250 days away, he was under 14yrs. After he turned 14, he spent only 95days before returning to Canada fully. Would he need to provide a police certificate? Thanks for all your feedbacks!

Ladymarie

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Hi everyone, please I need your help around police certificate for my kid. He spent 250 days outside Canada after landing as PR. For most of the 250 days away, he was under 14yrs. After he turned 14, he spent only 95days before returning to Canada fully. Would he need to provide a police certificate? Thanks for all your feedbacks!

Tobyvan94

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
photocopies of biographical pages of all valid and expired passports or travel documents you had in the past 5 years.

1.About sending Biographical page of passport. That means that they want ONLY that first page with picture? I dont need send them pictures with all stamps, visas pages?

2. Travel documents, that means also work permits? Ive been working 2 years on work permit during those 5 years, so I'm not sure if they also want those?

Last edited:

stavan2003

Jan 31, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram Thank you for such an elaborate post. Its been of great help. I had a clarification on proof of language, if you or someone else can advise.

I am planning to apply for citizenship. I am a graduate (B.E. in Computer Science) from India. The language for the course was in English, like most other degrees in India. I did not take any English test for my PR so I do not have any IELTS score.

I have my college transcripts and Bachelor's certificate in English. However none of them mention that the course was in English medium. My Secondary (Grade 12) certificate does however mention that the course was in English. Given the Covid situation it is difficult for me to get another letter from my institute abroad which mentions that the course was conducted in English. For the last 3 years that I have been in Canada, I have worked with Canadian companies which I have mentioned in my application as well.

I have read different views about the proof requirements about the need for an English test or a mention about the language in which the course was conducted.

1. Do you think I can apply with my secondary and B.E certificate ?

2. In case they think that the application is not complete, how long it takes for them to notify it back to me and does it mention about the missing proof of English requirement (if any one has had any experience before) ?

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
photocopies of biographical pages of all valid and expired passports or travel documents you had in the past 5 years.

1.About sending Biographical page of passport. That means that they want ONLY that first page with picture? I dont need send them pictures with all stamps, visas pages?

2. Travel documents, that means also work permits? Ive been working 2 years on work permit during those 5 years, so I'm not sure if they also want those?

1. Bio pages means, pages which has person's details. Mostly First page, in some cases ( for some passports) last page as well. As last page may contain address/ parent's details etc.,

2. Only passport(s).

michel_hammamet

Aug 14, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
Paris
Q13: Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?
  • The vast majority of us would have to answer 'Yes' to this question (unless you were stateless your whole life up until this point).
  • This includes country of birth so don't forget that.
  • Enter the country, status, date you obtained that status and if that status is current or expired.
This question throws me off. I guess they speak only about citizenship or any permanent immigration statsuses (refugee, permanent resident). Though in the help drop-down explanation it mentions student/work/employment. These are not immigration but visas. Like not clear still if they need to be mentioned.

stavan2003

Jan 31, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram Thank you for such an elaborate post. Its been of great help. I had a clarification on proof of language, if you or someone else can advise.

I am planning to apply for citizenship. I am a graduate (B.E. in Computer Science) from India. The language for the course was in English, like most other degrees in India. I did not take any English test for my PR so I do not have any IELTS score.

I have my college transcripts and Bachelor's certificate in English. However none of them mention that the course was in English medium. My Secondary (Grade 12) certificate does however mention that the course was in English. Given the Covid situation it is difficult for me to get another letter from my institute abroad which mentions that the course was conducted in English. For the last 3 years that I have been in Canada, I have worked with Canadian companies which I have mentioned in my application as well.

I have read different views about the proof requirements about the need for an English test or a mention about the language in which the course was conducted.

1. Do you think I can apply with my secondary and B.E certificate ?

2. In case they think that the application is not complete, how long it takes for them to notify it back to me and does it mention about the missing proof of English requirement (if any one has had any experience before) ?
@rajkamalmohanram Sorry to bother. Can you please help advise on this. Thanks for your time.

circuit

Aug 7, 2014
Hi, my wife is about to apply for citizenship soon. She has a question about residency. When she arrived into the country, I actually had two addresses. One was a brand new apartment which I got a few weeks before she arrived but she wanted to get involved with furniture shopping and so on and hence it wasn't livable until a few days after she arrived. I was living with my brother in his apartment. When she came to Canada she gave his address at the airport to mail PR card. Now the thing is that the first week she was here, she spent time at both places. Morning at my brother's and evenings in our now permanent apartment setting it up and sleeping there sometimes. How do I put it in the application? And let's say I she puts only her permanent address which is the current apartment (which was then empty) would it raise questions or issues? Again the mailing address for PR card was my brother's place as I was staying there until she got here and she spent a few hours a day there as well.

tjxob

May 12, 2020
Hi,
Thank you for your detailed instructions. This is very helpful. I have a question regarding the Police Certificate. As per the instructions, a Police Certificate has to be legalized. I finally got my Police Certificate legalized but my question is, Should it be authenticated from the Canadian Embassy in Madrid, the issuing country? I asked the Canadian Embassy and the said that it is not common to ask for the authentication on the Embassy but this has to be confirmed from the IRCC.

Anyone can help me in understanding if you guys needed to authenticate it from the Canadian Embassy in the issuing country?

On the other hand, what is the difference between sending your application via regular mail or a courier? Is sending via courier mean to send it using a private company such as DHL?

Thank you in advance

Sniperflutt

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
Hi All
Appreciate your help regarding filling the minor application. In question number 9 in the application there is a part that asks for the minor physical presence "Has the minor been outside of Canada for a total of 730 days or more in the past
five (5) years or since becoming a permanent resident?"
so my question is if he became PR on 2014-06 which is more than 5 years from today should I mention the absence from Canada since the PR date or just for the last 5 years which will be 2015-07?
Thanks

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Need your suggestion guys on my application. Im yet to apply for my police certificate from my home country and is thinking of submitting my application without. Police certificate application is ready but will definitely have a delay in getting it back from my home country. Is this a wise choice to make?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Need your suggestion guys on my application. Im yet to apply for my police certificate from my home country and is thinking of submitting my application without. Police certificate application is ready but will definitely have a delay in getting it back from my home country. Is this a wise choice to make?
If you clicked yes for being outside Canada for 183 days or more and you did not submit a PCC with your application, they will send it back as incomplete.