+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I don't see any entry from 07-2019 to current? That is incorrect. You must include activities till the date you sign the application AFAIK
Hello. Thank you for answering.
Yes I will do that but my question is this format correct? Or they want it like this..

Let's say i studied during 2016 september till December then there is a holiday between semesters December to the first of January and I was unemployed during this time because the winter holiday, then January first to april 30 I was student then may to june I was unemployed, june to August I employed until September 2017 I stayed my second year in college ......etc. Like that, so do they want these details, or my format I showed you is fine? Because if I did it in detail like daily basis it will take a long time and space in the application. And thank you for your replies.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello. Thank you for answering.
Yes I will do that but my question is this format correct? Or they want it like this..

Let's say i studied during 2016 september till December then there is a holiday between semesters December to the first of January and I was unemployed during this time because the winter holiday, then January first to april 30 I was student then may to june I was unemployed, june to August I employed until September 2017 I stayed my second year in college ......etc. Like that, so do they want these details, or my format I showed you is fine? Because if I did it in detail like daily basis it will take a long time and space in the application. And thank you for your replies.
Rest of the information appears to be okay and I did not find any gaps there. However, it is a bit confusing to understand when you look at it for the first time.

I would suggest you request another member also to take a look and take a second opinion.

Last edited:

3shiro

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Rest of the information appears to be okay and I did not find any gaps there. However, it is a bit confusing to understand when you look at it for the first time.

I would suggest you request another member also to take a look and take a second opinion.
Thank you, I will try to ask more people,

crosstheangel

May 18, 2020
Hi all, I understand that if you are applying along with your child (a minor), they physical presence requirement is waived for the child (your child does not have to meet that requirement)? Just double checking, thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all, I understand that if you are applying along with your child (a minor), they physical presence requirement is waived for the child (your child does not have to meet that requirement)? Just double checking, thanks!
If the child is applying for citizenship at the same time as the his/her parent (OR if one the parents is already a Canadian citizen), then yes - there are no physical presence requirements listed as per the instruction guide for application 5(2)

Reactions: crosstheangel

Sam1234566

Jan 20, 2018
Hello I have a question. I will be applying for citizenship soon. I am planning to leave Canada when I get my passport? I don't know when I will returning. So can they revoke my citizenship? Are their any restriction to maintain citizenship? I plan to renew my passport every 10 year from outside Canada. Can I do that? Or do I have to be in Canada ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello I have a question. I will be applying for citizenship soon. I am planning to leave Canada when I get my passport? I don't know when I will returning. So can they revoke my citizenship? Are their any restriction to maintain citizenship? I plan to renew my passport every 10 year from outside Canada. Can I do that? Or do I have to be in Canada ?
You can leave Canada once you get your Canadian passport and no, they can't revoke your citizenship for that. There is no residency requirement. You can renew passports from outside Canada by submitting an application to the appropriate Canadian consulate where you live.

Last edited:

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
If any of the section is not applicable, should we leave as blank or mention as N/A, for ex, in the minors application Section-8(B), other name used?

Reactions: goodboy97

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
This has been quite an educative thread!!!

i had a quick question, till we dont receive AOR we cant track the status of the application online?

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
do i need to provide a copy of the first taxing filed on paper and mailed to CRA ? if so how would that be possible ?

ram1

Jan 11, 2019
HELLO,
I am planning to apply for citizenship. what are documents we have to submit for self-employment experience? please guide me. thanks

Izzyella

May 26, 2020
Hi,
I have a question about filing income taxes.
I sent my application in early January 2020 and had not yet filed my income taxes for the tax year of 2019 so I said that I was required to file for 2019 but did not.
I have now filed my income taxes for the year 2019 and I was wondering if I have to update IRCC about this or would they understand when they check with CRA?