+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Good morning, the requirement for the citizenship to present taxes in the last 3 years, has to have a minimum of hours? I need to have full time job in those 3 years? or part time is fine?
You only need to file tax. Your work history doesn't matter.

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Good morning, the requirement for the citizenship to present taxes in the last 3 years, has to have a minimum of hours? I need to have full time job in those 3 years? or part time is fine?
whether your worked full time, part time, or semi part time, or unemployed, just show them you have filed your taxes.

Angela2023

Star Member
Jun 3, 2023
You only need to file tax. Your work history doesn't matter.

Ok, thank you for your answer, so is not even mandatory to work those 36 months, for those 3 previous years before applying for the citizenship, maybe in one year, work some months, maybe some full time, others part time?

There is any minimum of hours to file tax in one year?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Ok, thank you for your answer, so is not even mandatory to work those 36 months, for those 3 previous years before applying for the citizenship, maybe in one year, work some months, maybe some full time, others part time?

There is any minimum of hours to file tax in one year?
Nop, it doesn't matter how many hours you work, whether you're employed or not, full time or part time.

mynkgarg9183

Jan 1, 2023
Hi all,

I applied for my and my family citizenship application on Dec 22nd 2023 via online portal. I am still waiting for AOR. Is anyone else also in same boat? i have called IRCC and every time they say that my application is not picked up for review and i need to wait. i have sent a webform and requested for GCMS notes. havent heard back on those requests. Is this normal? And what can be my next steps? Can anyone suggest? Thanks in advance

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi all,

I applied for my and my family citizenship application on Dec 22nd 2023 via online portal. I am still waiting for AOR. Is anyone else also in same boat? i have called IRCC and every time they say that my application is not picked up for review and i need to wait. i have sent a webform and requested for GCMS notes. havent heard back on those requests. Is this normal? And what can be my next steps? Can anyone suggest? Thanks in advance
Are you sure you did not receive any email from @cic.gc.ca ? Did you give different email id for every applicant?

mynkgarg9183

Jan 1, 2023
Are you sure you did not receive any email from @cic.gc.ca ? Did you give different email id for every applicant?
I only received the mail the submission mail on Dec 22 with subject - "Submission confirmation – Online citizenship application". Apart from that there is no other email. I gave separate email id for my wife and she also doesnt have any other email from CIC

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I only received the mail the submission mail on Dec 22 with subject - "Submission confirmation – Online citizenship application". Apart from that there is no other email. I gave separate email id for my wife and she also doesnt have any other email from CIC
Something is wrong as Jan end are already receiving AOR email these days. I know you called but you should call every 2-3 days and share your UCI and ask for application no using which you can create tracker account. If its getting delayed further like no detail by end of this month it would be better to withdraw and send a new application.

mynkgarg9183

Jan 1, 2023
Something is wrong as Jan end are already receiving AOR email these days. I know you called but you should call every 2-3 days and share your UCI and ask for application no using which you can create tracker account. If its getting delayed further like no detail by end of this month it would be better to withdraw and send a new application.
Thanks for your response. i did ask my wife to call in today and the agent said that she is sending a note to the processing office - Sydney, NS asking for an update on the application. Lets say if nothing happens and if we need to withdraw then what are the steps to do that? Will it affect my subsequent application ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for your response. i did ask my wife to call in today and the agent said that she is sending a note to the processing office - Sydney, NS asking for an update on the application. Lets say if nothing happens and if we need to withdraw then what are the steps to do that? Will it affect my subsequent application ?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps/withdraw.html

Do it as a last resort. There is no impact on new application which you will submit.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

Question 1 :
I am applying for myself and my daughter online, (In one account 2 applications)
Should I give different email id for myself & my daughter ?
Better to use different email as the chances are better that atleast one of them get official communication emails from IRCC.

Hemilshah80

Apr 3, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I have a question regarding citizenship. My son came to canada as a Permanent resident exactly one year after I arrived in Canada as a permanent resident. When I apply for citizenship and become a citizen, does my son automatically become a citizen, or does he have to wait for one year before he becomes a citizen? Thanking you in advance.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have a question regarding citizenship. My son came to canada as a Permanent resident exactly one year after I arrived in Canada as a permanent resident. When I apply for citizenship and become a citizen, does my son automatically become a citizen, or does he have to wait for one year before he becomes a citizen? Thanking you in advance.
If you apply with him, he will become citizen with you. Physical presence exemption he will get.

Reactions: Hemilshah80