+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

wonderwall007

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
@wonderwall007 Dunno if the PGWP, being "post-graduate", is a specific situation, but no, you usually can have both at the same time.
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1618&top=15
It shouldn't be an issue to list the actual dates in your permits, IRCC will figure out the rest.
Also, I may be mistaken, but I remember needing not only the work permits but the dates their applications were sent when I helped some family member with their online application a few months ago. It may have changed since then. Forget it if there is no section for it...
Yep it changed apparently. I will just put the dates and attach an explanation letter with my copies of the study + work permits

Thank you again @Seym

Oct 6, 2017
Hi everyone.. If I complete 1095 days and apply citizenship and can go and work in USA till the process completes? Or should I stay in Canada till I receive citizenship?

Proudlymoi

Nov 29, 2023
Hello, I was resident in Greece for over 183 days before coming directly to Canada as a permanent resident 4 years ago. My question is after answering “Yes” to were you in a country other than Canada for 183 days or more in a row for Question 10(b) do I also have to answer “Yes” to “I will provide a Police Certificate” and explain in the box provided that it is not required as it was my place of origin and attach the old PCC? Or answer “No” to “I will provide a Police Certificate” and explain in the box provided that it is not required as it was my place of origin. Please note that I am not a Greek national. Thanks

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hello, I was resident in Greece for over 183 days before coming directly to Canada as a permanent resident 4 years ago. My question is after answering “Yes” to were you in a country other than Canada for 183 days or more in a row for Question 10(b) do I also have to answer “Yes” to “I will provide a Police Certificate” and explain in the box provided that it is not required as it was my place of origin and attach the old PCC? Or answer “No” to “I will provide a Police Certificate” and explain in the box provided that it is not required as it was my place of origin. Please note that I am not a Greek national. Thanks
Your "home country" in the PR application is the country you applied for the PR from, and for which you probably provided a police certificate already, regardless of your immigration/citizenship status in said country.
If you were in Greece immediately before getting your PR, and sent a Greek PCC during your PR application, you don't need a new PCC for these 183+ days.

Paul48

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
I was going to submit my application today (I need to include a police certificate because I've been 6 months in another country), and I was going to attach:

* translation of PPC by a certified translator in Canada (black and white)
* Original PPC scan in color

However, I just noticed this when I clicked on the "help" button in the online portal

Do I also have to submit a certified copy (by a notary) of the PPC?

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Noob question, on the first post of this topic, it mentions about filling out a .pdf file

But i went to apply online, there is a straight forward questionnaire with different tabs to fill out answers. So it means there is no .pdf file to be uploaded?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Noob question, on the first post of this topic, it mentions about filling out a .pdf file

But i went to apply online, there is a straight forward questionnaire with different tabs to fill out answers. So it means there is no .pdf file to be uploaded?
That's for if you want to apply via paper and what you doing is online one.

Reactions: keys8014

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
During your 5-year eligibility period, did you have a valid temporary resident status before becoming a permanent resident?

the choices are Visitor, Temporary Foreign Worker, International Student, Temporary Resident Permit Holder

- for 1 year, i was in "Work Permit" status, then I got my Permanent Resident.. so which option should I choose from here?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
During your 5-year eligibility period, did you have a valid temporary resident status before becoming a permanent resident?

the choices are Visitor, Temporary Foreign Worker, International Student, Temporary Resident Permit Holder

- for 1 year, i was in "Work Permit" status, then I got my Permanent Resident.. so which option should I choose from here?
Temporary Foreign Worker

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
Guys, for the photo. I went to the photographer , he said he will send me a digital copy of my photo in my email.

Is this acceptable?

Or should i request for physical copy of photo and take a picture of it using phone?

sushantg

Oct 11, 2016
Hi , I have few question, I hope I can get some help.
1. WE purchased house in Oct. 2020, and moved into new house, city did a mistake in my civic address, instead of giving us civic address XXstreet Unit D for my home, they give us XX street Unit A, and later on changed my civic address from XXA to XXD, street address is same, just the unit was numbered wrong. IN my application should I have two different address. like from OCt 2020-June 2023 as XXA and from June 2023 till now as XXD? I am confused little bit, my property number is same just the civic address was given wrong by the city.
2. My wife is co applicant, and she doesn't have driving license, we are planning to upload provincial ID, but we forgot to change the that civic address change on her provincial ID, on her provincial ID its still XX street Unit A, instead of XX street Unit D, will that create any issue?
3. My wife did her education from India and she has transcript of her Masters as well as Bachelors degree, will that work for language requirement section?

Thanks in advance

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi , I have few question, I hope I can get some help.
1. WE purchased house in Oct. 2020, and moved into new house, city did a mistake in my civic address, instead of giving us civic address XXstreet Unit D for my home, they give us XX street Unit A, and later on changed my civic address from XXA to XXD, street address is same, just the unit was numbered wrong. IN my application should I have two different address. like from OCt 2020-June 2023 as XXA and from June 2023 till now as XXD? I am confused little bit, my property number is same just the civic address was given wrong by the city.
2. My wife is co applicant, and she doesn't have driving license, we are planning to upload provincial ID, but we forgot to change the that civic address change on her provincial ID, on her provincial ID its still XX street Unit A, instead of XX street Unit D, will that create any issue?
3. My wife did her education from India and she has transcript of her Masters as well as Bachelors degree, will that work for language requirement section?

Thanks in advance
1. You can use the latest one as the property is same
2. You should update the address to proper one
3. If you get a letter from her university that the medium of instruction was in English for either Master or Bachelors you can skip the language test with it.
It may just work with transcript but have seen instances where IRCC is doubtful about the medium of instruction if its a majoritively non english speaking nation, so better to get a letter.

Reactions: sushantg

sabine0018

Star Member
Nov 26, 2017
Hello, I have a questions as we are filling up application. We moved here October 2019.
So on the application, it says 5 year eligibility. Does this means this is from date I came to canada as PR or all details since past 5 years (including the year before I came to canada as PR??

I mean for Work details - do I have to only input information of the work after we came to canada as PR or do I also need to include the 1 year details of before me move here??

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Guys, for the photo. I went to the photographer , he said he will send me a digital copy of my photo in my email.

Is this acceptable?

Or should i request for physical copy of photo and take a picture of it using phone?
IRCC wants the picture provided by the photographer. So, yep, the digital copy they'll send you by mail will do.