Interview........
DM Update - 01/08/2015
Passport Req..
07/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
20/08/2015
LANDED..........
April 2016
She would need PCC then as after PR you don't get the benefit of being in a home country which you get before PR.
Between the last 4 years Oct 2019 - Oct 2023 , she was away from 20 Oct 2019 until May 20, 2020. So she was out of Canada for more than 183 days
I can wait and apply end of November 2023 so that she wont have to get the PCC ? Is that correct.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Between the last 4 years Oct 2019 - Oct 2023 , she was away from 20 Oct 2019 until May 20, 2020. So she was out of Canada for more than 183 days
I can wait and apply end of November 2023 so that she wont have to get the PCC ? Is that correct.
Yes if you do that no PCC.

But IRCC can ask for PCC anytime, it's their prerogative eventhough it may not be according to there set rules.

full_0

Oct 16, 2023
Hello fellow members!

I’m working on an online application and have 2 question I’d appreciate your advice on.
  1. On Personal ID, the application states that IDs should have your name, date of birth, photo and signature, and be valid (not expired). However, for Personal ID 1 I have Valid or expired permanent resident card (PR card) as an option in addition to the passport. My Canadian PR card does not have a signature on it. Am I missing something or it is ok to provide the PR card?
  1. My passport (Russia) has all relevant bio information in English/French, but still has stuff written in Russian. Did anyone successfully submit such/similar passports without translation?
Thank you!

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hello Everyone,

If i'm attaching a digital picture( downloaded from the professional photographers website) for the citizenship application, is it sufficient to just add the front picture as there is no back picture.

Thanks

khv92

Oct 20, 2023
Hi everyone! I am about to apply for citizenship online, but before I submit, I want to clarify two points.
1. For the category for physical presence in Canada: I worked as a supervisor at a restaurant and later at a pharmacy after graduation from college in Canada. My work permit before permanent residency was W-1, permitting me to work for any employer in an "open" occupation. On the government website, "Visitor" is used interchangeably with "Temporary Resident Visa". Could you please clarify if my work experience before PR is under the "Visitor" category? (The other option of "Temporary Foreign Worker" seems like a different category.)
2. Also, my Social Insurance Number before I received my permanent residency card began with a 9 (different than my current SIN which begins with a 1). I hope that is not a problem, as I filed my income taxes for years up to 2021 with the old number.

eddieMex

Nov 5, 2021
Hi, I have a couple of questions, I hope someone can help me.
I am eligible to apply and am currently working on the application. I have encountered 3 issues main issues:

1) I had a study permit from Jan 2016 till October 2016. I renewed it on July 2016 and received a new expiry date in March 2018. I had to renew it once again (I submitted my application on Jan 2018) and the new expiry date was March 2019.
Since the 5 year period starts in 2018, should I omit my first permit from January 2016 and start with the one from July 2016 to March 2018 that was extended to March 2019?

2) My second question is regarding my work permit. As I stated above, my study permit expired in March 2019. I submitted my post-graduate work permit application in February 2019 and had implicit status from March 2019 until May 2019 when my work permit was approved. Nevertheless, when inputting all this info in the application it seems like there is a gap from March 2019 (when my study permit expired) till May 2019 (when I got the work permit). is that OK? or should I write a letter explaining this gap (which is the time a had student implicit status)?

3) Lastly, should I report the following situation: In December 2022 I was going abroad, I passed US customs at the Montreal airport but then a snowstorm hit, and my flight was canceled. I passed Canadian customs to go back home. Does this count as an absence that I should report in the calculation of stay?

Thank you a lot for your help, this application cause a lot of anxiety, and I do not want to make a mistake.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hello Everyone,

If i'm attaching a digital picture( downloaded from the professional photographers website) for the citizenship application, is it sufficient to just add the front picture as there is no back picture.

Thanks
Yep. You have a section where you list the photo studio details. That replaces the need for the picture verso.

Reactions: jackdawn

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
@khv92 :
1) did you have a work permit? If you did, pick "temporary foreign worker".
2) everyone's SIN starts with 9 as a foreigner then changes to something else after the PR. Of course its not an issue, it's by design.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
@eddieMex :
1) start by listing the permit you had at the beginning of the 5 years period. You can safely skip prior documents.
2) the section for work permits not only asks for the effective dates, but also for when the application was made, so no, there are no gaps there. And yeah, you can add a LoE to clarify this, although IRCC is familiar with the implied status anyway.
3) you're formally outside Canada the moment you pass the customs, so yeah, just list it. That "exit" will have no effect on you days count anyway.

eddieMex

Nov 5, 2021
@eddieMex :
1) start by listing the permit you had at the beginning of the 5 years period. You can safely skip prior documents.
2) the section for work permits not only asks for the effective dates, but also for when the application was made, so no, there are no gaps there. And yeah, you can add a LoE to clarify this, although IRCC is familiar with the implied status anyway.
3) you're formally outside Canada the moment you pass the customs, so yeah, just list it. That "exit" will have no effect on you days count anyway.
Thank you very much!

Oct 24, 2023
hi,
i have a question.My daughter is studying second yr in University.Can she apply for her school final transcript for language proof in citizenship application?

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
I have a question regarding the work, school and activity section. My study permit expired in April 2019. I submitted my thesis in Feb 2019 and went to India in February 2019. In March 2019 I got letter from university saying my thesis was accepted and i have completed all course requirements so technically I finished my course in march 2019 while I was in India. I returned to Canada in april 2019. My question is-
1) Should i call myself unemployed for month of April (first half I was in India and April end I returned to Canada) OR say I was a student until April 2019? Note my address history during this time has me in India from Feb-April and back to Canada April onwards.