+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Image Hi all, how can I track my application, i've received AOR and invitation to the test and finished the test. But i don't know how, from ECAS, the drop down is too confused, which one should I choose as i have my Citizenship Application Number with a C at the top:
Application number/ Case Number
Citizenship file number/ Group Number
Thank you for your help
https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/
Use this to track your application.

Reactions: td88

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
I have a really silly question, but I want to be safe than sorry:

In the online version of the application, in the 5 year social timeline section, there is only option to do mm/yy correct? Not dd/mm/yyyy?

And, for each time period in the social section, it asks for address:

So, if I had some education experience, the address is the university's address, correct?

dubbyv

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hello Senior members,

There are multiple opinions about the below scenario across the forums. I would like to understand what will be the correct approach in the case.

eligibility period Sep 2018 - Sep 2023

Passport-1 - Valid till Oct 2023
The passport was renewed in Dec 2022 as it was approaching its expiry
Passport-2 - Valid from Dec 2022 to Dec 2032

What should be the expiry date for Passport 1 that should be entered when filing the application.?

Should it be the date printed on Passport-1 i.e. Oct 2023
OR
Should it be the day before Passport-2 was issued i.e. Dec 2022?

Thanks!

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hello Senior members,

There are multiple opinions about the below scenario across the forums. I would like to understand what will be the correct approach in the case.

eligibility period Sep 2018 - Sep 2023

Passport-1 - Valid till Oct 2023
The passport was renewed in Dec 2022 as it was approaching its expiry
Passport-2 - Valid from Dec 2022 to Dec 2032

What should be the expiry date for Passport 1 that should be entered when filing the application.?

Should it be the date printed on Passport-1 i.e. Oct 2023
OR
Should it be the day before Passport-2 was issued i.e. Dec 2022?

Thanks!
I used the issue/expiry dates as mentioned on the passports and in the notes section, explained that I renewed the passport.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
@dubbyv it doesn't matter which one you pick. They're equivalent. IRCC officers know how passports work.
And in all cases, you're providing the bio pictures anyway...

Reactions: dubbyv

Yukoneer

Jun 14, 2021
Hi All; Apologies for a bit lengthy post here but I need to get this sorted so I could apply ASAP.
I have started the online citizen application and I am almost done besides few clarifications that I need to sort out before I submit my application.

1. In the minor’s application, the ask is to submit 2 pieces of IDs. The first one I chose is PR card (options provided are passport bio page or PR card) and the other one I chose is health card (the options provided are school record, health insurance card and hospital immunization card). My concern is that my daugher’s health card does not have a picture. Will that still be acceptable as the requirement is to have an ID that contains photo and signature besides name and dob?

2. My minor’s birth certificate translation does not have fully correct spelling of her. For e.g. on her passport and all other documents it is Eeraj where as on the birth certificate it is Eraj (never realized until now that an ‘E’ is missing in the translation. Can that be a problem?

3. One of the questions asks, “Has the minor been outside of Canada for a total of 730 days or more (2 years or more (in the 5 years or since becoming a permanent resident?” I will post some dates to set the context so you could guide me:
    1. I became permanent resident on July 20, 2015 and left Canada one month after on August 25, 2015​
    2. I came back to Canada to settle on August 15, 2020 and never gone out since.
This means that it has been more than 3 years inside Canada (or less than 2 years I have been out of Canada) in the past 5 years i.e. from September 26, 2018. This makes the answer as ‘No’. On the other hand, if you evaluate the timeline from the permanent resident date (2015) perspective, the answers changes to Yes. What is the right answer?​

Tahar19

Aug 28, 2018
Hello Everyone, i just ordered my CBSA TRAVEL REPORT and notice im missing 3 exit from Canada( all travels were air travel).. will this be an issue to prove physical presence? I have all flight tickets if necessary for proof

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hello everyone!
I have submitted my citizen application online and i recently received the AOR few weeks back.
can you please help me to understand the next steps in the process
also I heard we need to register somewhere to track the application, how can we do that.
I have not received any email to create any tracker account. please assist. thank you.

simuser7

Jan 23, 2023
Hi everyone, I currently hold a valid Indian passport. Hence assuming the answer to the question below, while filling the application, is - Yes. Please confirm. Thank you.
Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi everyone, I currently hold a valid Indian passport. Hence assuming the answer to the question below, while filling the application, is - Yes. Please confirm. Thank you.
Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?
You don't need anyone's confirmation. It just asks if you have what you yourself confirmed you had!

simuser7

Jan 23, 2023
Hello there! Few quick questions
  1. Can I use OHIP as one piece of identification for my application other being my passport?
  2. Can I use my expired IELTS General Training report for language proof?
  3. I am applying online and have uploaded my passport bio pages only, and not the entire passport. Have you done the same or uploaded the entire passport scan somewhere (e.g., in the optional documents)?
  4. What documents would you upload typically in the optional documents tab?
Thank you for your time & response. Much appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello there! Few quick questions
  1. Can I use OHIP as one piece of identification for my application other being my passport?
  2. Can I use my expired IELTS General Training report for language proof?
  3. I am applying online and have uploaded my passport bio pages only, and not the entire passport. Have you done the same or uploaded the entire passport scan somewhere (e.g., in the optional documents)?
  4. What documents would you upload typically in the optional documents tab?
Thank you for your time & response. Much appreciated.

Cheers
-Yes(only for adults, for minor’s application use passport and health card etc)
-Yes
-Usually passport bio pages are requested for online applications, but some applicants have been asked to provide all pages by the case officer. So my recommendation is that if you can include all pages from the onset it’s better

Reactions: simuser7

Asli

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hello everybody,

I would love to hear experiences of separated couples. I and my husband are separated, it's time for both of us to apply for citizenship. I will be including our 3 minor kids under my application.

-When we apply with kids, should we start the application as an adult application? Does the online application system give an option to add our dependent kids in the application steps? I created my account, had a quick look at to the parts of the application, and didn't see a topic about adding the dependents. Or should I apply for my kids separately under the minor kids' application?

-Do we need to submit a legal separation document signed by both parties into our application if we chose the status as "separated"?

-Does separation cause any trouble for my citizenship application if I get my PR status as a dependent of my ex-spouse?

Thank you in advance,

simuser7

Jan 23, 2023
-Yes(only for adults, for minor’s application use passport and health card etc)
-Yes
-Usually passport bio pages are requested for online applications, but some applicants have been asked to provide all pages by the case officer. So my recommendation is that if you can include all pages from the onset it’s better
Thank you, Abbas.Pasha for your response. Appreciate it.

Reactions: abbas.pasha